Chapter 5

My friend Sara has always been there for me. She's literally a gift from God for me. I've always been a person who thinks tears are for the pillows and showers, I cannot cry infront of anyone.
But she always knows when there is something wrong with me or I'm upset. She doesn't coddle me or something but shows me that she'll always be there for me and I can express myself infront of her without being judged.

When she heard about the situation , she instantly came to help and told me that she'll go to Junaid's room for the check-up instead of me but I declined because sooner or later I've to face them and if I skipped only his room people will get suspicious and Zain will think that I'm avoiding him or afraid of him. So we decided that Sara will accompany me for my moral support.

Sara also instructed me " Mehmil, immediately inform me if anything happens, even if someone stares at you with bad intentions. I have already kept pepper spray in my pocket and if we're in an emergency situation we can even use a scalpel blade or a sedative. I'm all prepared you just have to give me a signal.

I gave her an bewildered look, " Sara this is not the time for you to fantasise about being a secret agent ."

Sara sighed dreamily, " But it would be so cool if I get to have some action in this hospital. I'll be able to show off my ninja moves, my mother always scolds me when I try them on my siblings."

I shook my head," You're insane! Let's go now before you get a chance you plot more crazy things in your mind." 

I knocked on the door, a voice came " Yes, come in." That voice sent shivers down my spine. I tried to control my feelings, masked my expressions and entered the room.

Junaid was lying on the hospital bed and Zain was sitting on the couch beside him, both of them turned to look at us when we entered the room. I ignored Zain and sauntered to Junaid's bedside.

Junaid tried to sit but I indicated him it was okay. Junaid looked at me then at Zain and said , "Assalam O Alaikum bhabi( sister in law)"
I ignored the title and answered, "Walikum Asalam, how are feeling? Is there some pain?"

Junaid shook his head while looking at Sara and flirtatiously said,"I was feeling some pain previously, but I'm completely fine now."

I looked at him blankly and said," Have some shame you just had a near death experience."

Junaid smiled and said, " Yes that's why I realised life is too short and I want to live my life to the fullest and praise every beautiful thing in this world."

I checked his vitals and Iv fluids. Sara and I were discussing about his medicines. Sara said, " We should give him a seductive medicine." I gave her a look that said "Really Sara" while Junaid smirked and said, " I'm already very seductive darling I don't need a seductive medicine to do that for me."

Sara blushed and mumbled, " I meant sedative you creep."

I was silently doing my work while listening to their bickering. I could feel someone's intense gaze on me the entire time, irritated I looked up to see Zain staring at me continuously, I was confused whether to move my eyes away or glare back at him fiercely. He gestured me towards the balcony of the room. Yes, he had a small balcony in his room, perks of being rich. I shook my head and continued the charting . After a while I was fed up of his constant staring and decided to listen to whatever he has to say I knew sooner or later we would have this talk. I had to do it now as I hated unexpected confrontations, most of the time I remember the valid points after the argument has ended. 

I silently walked over to the balcony and watched as he followed me. We were just staring at each other intensely. After a minute the peace was broken as he pushed back his messy locks with his fingers and said , "So I'm back now."

Rolling my eyes I said sarcastically ,"So what do you want me to do? Shower rose petals on you or to blow trumpets for u? This is what you wanted to say?"
("To mein kia kron phool ki patian nichawer kron tm p ya shadianay bajaon. Ye kehna tha bus tmhe?")

Zain shook his head and smirked, "Don't worry trumpets will blow and drum will be beaten when I'll come as a groom for you."
("Fikr nahi karo  shadiane bhi bajay gay or dhol b bajay ga jb me baraat le k aonga.")

"You're delusional. Your return has nothing to do with me do whatever you want marry whoever you want just leave me alone." I said exasperatedly.

"My return has everything to do with you Mehmil . Stop being stubborn and don't force me to do something drastic. I'll be sending my parents to your home soon for all the formalities." He said glaring at me.

"Stop harassing my friend you've already done enough by breaking her heart." Sara's voice came from the door.

"I never broke her heart but she has the power to break mine."
Zain said softly staring at me and left the room.