Chapter 2: Two Worlds

Uma's POV

It was 2 weeks after my 'sand adventure' with Harry. We never mentioned it (at least not to other people on the isle) and kept our cuddle time to ourselves. All was normal at least until November 24th. Gil burst through the doors of the chip shop and sprinted down the stairs, knocking down more than one pirate in the process. "Uma! Harry!", he yelled as he pushed people out of the way. Harry looked up from his lunch, slightly annoyed that Gil had interrupted his meal. "What's wrong lad?", Harry asked with his hook in hand. Ready to hook him if the excuse wasn't a good one. Gil knew better than to interrupt him during his meals but the news he needed to share was worth gold coins. " King Ben wants us to come to Auradon. We get a week to pack but Harry leaves within the next hour", Gil's last words were spoken with caution. Harry choked on his drink as he heard the news about leaving so soon. I on the other hand felt my blood boil at the thought of them taking Harry away from me. No one dared make a sound and I extended my hand for the scroll. It was placed in my hand and I opened it. Reading it out loud for everyone to hear, " I king Ben of Auradon. Invite 3 children to my kingdom. In hope that they get their best chance at life. Harrison son of James Hook, Gil son of Gaston and Uma daughter of Ursula. You have a week to gather your things but Harrison is to be taken immediately upon special request". Reading it made my heart burn, I knew who was behind that request. M.A.L.

Harry's POV

I looked at my pocket watch and saw that time was ticking. Sure, I hated the idea of leaving my beautiful sea princess but this wasn't a choice. It was an order. One that I knew I couldn't refuse. They were going to take me, willingly or by force. As a pirate, I could stand my ground and fight but I had dignity. Besides, my father wouldn't have it any other way. He would hook me before I brought dishonor to the Hook name. So, I left the chip shop in silence and never turned back. I went to my father's ship to pack my things but everything was already packed. " I ordered Smee to gather your things, Crocodile. Come with me, boy. Smee will take your things to your ride", my father said from the doorway of my room. I followed him as Smee bowed his head as we passed. He took me to his cabin and told me to turn around. A mirror faced me but a blindfold covered my eyes. I heard movement behind me and felt my coat being removed. My arms went into fabric and buckled at my waist. I felt something sit on my head and my hook placed in my hand. The blindfold was removed and I couldn't believe my eyes. I was dressed in me father's coat, the red one with gold trim. His signature hat sat on my head after so many years. Of course back then, the hat slipped down my face as it was too big for me because I was only 3 years old. Now, it sat perfectly on my head and I admire the reflection that looked back at me. " I know that I wasn't the best father to you my boy but look where that has taken you. You are the first to leave this miserable island and proclaim yourself Captain as it is your birthright. No need to follow orders from a girl anymore. That simply isn't done! You are the son of a captain", I bit my tongue hard to stop my true words from coming out but then my eyes opened in wonder. He took out two small vials from around his neck. One was gold and the other blue. " This is pixie dust my boy. Gold is flying dust and as long as you have the blue dust. You will never run out of flying dust", he took off the necklace and placed it around my neck. It sparkles like a thousand sapphires and complemented my eyes. " The biggest gifts are often the smallest of things, Crocodile. I have nothing to offer you but this ( points to the dust) Your sisters will inherit a chest with jewels but you will inherit the power to rule the wind and tide", he said with pride as he hugged me for the first time in a long time. A smile broke through my lips as I hugged my father back. "You are my reflection, Harrison James Hook( kisses my hair). Now run along before your sisters hold you back", my father's words of endearment felt like a goodbye. In all truth, I would never know if I would ever see my father again.

My sister's walked me over to the bridge that separated our two worlds. Everyone gathered to watch me leave but my friends were nowhere to be seen. " Time's up, Hook. It's time to go to the other side", said the driver as he turned on the engine. I looked too my sister and hugged them both, promising that I would be back for them. The door to the car closed as I entered the back seat. There was chocolate and cookies but I wasn't hungry. As the car drove, I heard my name being called. " HARRY!", I looked at the backseat window and saw Uma running with the crew and in her hands was my childhood teddy bear but it was already too late to turn back. I pressed my hands onto the window and looked on in sadness as I left the Isle.

Mal's POV

In just a few minutes, Harry would be here! I walked down the hall with a tight leash in hand. Jane ran to me from her mother's office and within seconds she was in front of me. " Any luck?", I asked with little hope. Harry's last name carried a lot of power but mostly fear. I was afraid that no one wanted to volunteer to be his friend due to the stories of his father but I was the one who was sitting upon command. We entered FG's office to find a dog sitting beside her. " Mal, this is Star. Of course that is her temporary name until Harry decides to name her. She is all that you asked for, fresh from England and courtesy of the Darling family", I eyed the dog. She was a beautiful golden retriever with a shiny coat and good tempered. I scratched her neck as I gazed into her eyes, " You are going to make someone very happy". The dog barked it's response with a smile. My hands patted the dogs body as I gave her to Jane. " Well dears, we must be off to greet Harry. Jane, please take Star to Carlos", GF said in a hurry as she got her wand and rushed us out of the office. We ran down the main hall and saw that the car was already there. The driver approached us, " Ah, good day GF and my lady. King Ben took the Hook child". How Ben arrived sooner than us I will never know but I knew where to find him.

Harry's POV

The king greeted me and led me to my bedroom. Apparently, I was to sleep in his castle and attend school within the next month. My room was large enough for two with dark red bedsheets and a light gray collar with a rose gold clip sat on the bed. Ben smiled at my confused look, " Well, I should leave you to settle in. Welcome to Auradon". He closed the door and left me alone to fall onto my bed. This bed was so soft but firm at the same time. I unpacked my things and saw that my father gave me a copy of our family picture. It was only my father, my sisters and myself. I placed the framed picture on my desk and I felt homesick. Who would have thought that I would actually miss my annoying sisters but most of all I missed Uma and yeah I'll admit, Gil too.

(Knocking)

"Harry, may I come in?", asked a voice that I knew all too well. I got off my bed and opened the door to meet those green eyes that once made my heart flutter. " I got you a little something to welcome you to the kingdom", she said with excitement. I let her in and she looked behind her. From the corner of my doorway peeked out the head of a furry creature. It was golden in color with a black wet nose. It panted as it looked at me with those green eyes. Her eyes almost seemed human but that was highly unlikely. The dog approached me slowly and for some reason I felt myself drawn to her. Without a single warning, she stood up and put her paws on my chest. Our eyes locked and her breath smelled like mint. " She is yours to keep, Harry. I know how much you wanted a dog", she giggled as the dog licked my face and eventually my lips. When did this dog get so bold? A moment ago she was shy to enter and now she felt dog enough to steal a kiss. " Well, aren't you a bonnie lass?! I suppose she needs a name?", I looked to Mal who nodded and I turned back to the happy golden dog. I took the collar from the bed as Mal whispered something in my ear. I turned a bit too quickly and our noses touched. Her eyes locked with mine in an intense gaze as she looked down at my lips. She was about to make a move on me as her hands were entangled in my hair but then the dog barked at her loudly. She got in between us and rubbed her head against my leg. " I'm sorry", was all Mal managed to whisper before she ran off. The dog walked in circles in joy and ran to me with her paws on my chest. " With this collar. I ask you to be mine, Zarina", I clicked the gray collar around her neck and it glowed. Little suns appeared on it and her name was beautifully writing onto a golden plate. Sure, I left the Isle but gained so much more. Freedom and a new friend.

Zarina, does the name sound familiar? I hope so because this happy golden dog will play a large role in Harry's new life when Neverland comes to him. Also, what the hell has gotten into Mal and do you think she will try again? As always, let me know how I did and if you have a request. Do not hesitate and let me know.