Chapter 7: Just You & Me

Harry POV

Uma had dragged me under water. I tried to surface but only for her to drag me under once again. I hated being in the water as it was my weakness. What was she trying to do?! Kill me?!! A powerful feeling washed over me as I looked at Uma angely. She let go of me and was that fear in her eyes? Was she scared of me? GOOD!! I was angry, so much so that the water no longer bothered me. When my hands grabbed the earth, I gasped for dear life. Oh for the love of the sea! I thought I was going to die like the stories my father told me when young. To never trust a Neverland mermaid as they will sweetly drown you if you get too close. I never knew this applied to Uma as well.

" Harry!", Uma called to me but I wasn't having none of it. Ignoring her, I dragged myself out of the water; the best I possibly could. Once on land, I allowed my body to fall onto it. My breathing was heavy as the experience was truly frightening. More scarier than when Jay dropped my hook overboard. I laid there in silence until Uma came running to my side. " Harry! Are you ok?!", she said looking me over for any possible injury. I was still angry but most of all confused, " Why would you do that Uma!? Ye know I can't swim. Bloody mermaid!". I got up slowly as my anger grew within. My accent came out much thicker than expected. Uma knew what I meant about mermaids and to say she wasn't happy was an understatement. Her expression changed from hurt to understanding. " Harry, look at me. I wasn't trying to drown you. The reason I asked is because I heard something", she said putting an hand on my arm. The scotish within be brew to the surface and I didn't expect what I said next. "Awa' an bile yer heid!" ( scotish translation: Go and boil your head. Get lost), that's it! I said it! Meant no offense but it came out very harsh.

UMA POV

Oh no, he did not just say that! Yet, he had every right. He didn't believe me and yet again. I couldn't blame him for being angry but I had never seen him this agitated before. He's eyes still glowing slightly but not as intense as it was when we were in the water. " Harry I'm...", I heard the same noise again but this time he heard it too. He pushed me behind him protectively as he took out his sword. For my luck, I had left my sword in my room and was forced to hide behind Harry. The sound of moving bushes became louder as my hold on my first mate's arm increased. Just as Harry was about to poke his sword through the bust, a furry little thing ran out of it. " No, wait! Stop it's me!!", said the very familiar voice. Dude? " What ye doing out here?", Harry asked putting away his sword as the school mutt was no real threat. The dog got closer and dropped a key at my feet. " Ben told me to give you this key and to show you the way to the royal cabin", I looked to Harry with a flirty smile. " Did you know about this?", I asked and I couldn't help but laugh at his puzzled look, " No. Ah dinnae ken" (Scotish translation: I don't know).

I haven't heard Harry use his scotish slang that much. But when I did, I hardly understood as it was like another language. " What was it you said after you said no?", I asked as we walked down the path. He looked at me and gave me a smile, " Ah dinnae ken means I don't know and I wanted to apologize, Uma. I shouldn't have lost my temper". I was in both shock and in wonder. Harry Hook was apologizing to me. He never apologized for anything and for him to do so was a big step. Admitting that he was wrong and asking for forgiveness. He looked at me with a worried look as my face was unreadable. Then, I did something that I have never done before. I took his hand in mine. Gently hold it and giving it a tight squeeze. Actions speaks more than words. My smile reassured him that I accepted his apology and that we were in good terms.

The rest of the walk was mostly silent but not completely. Having a talking dog as your guide made it hard to have any form of silence for no longer than a minute. Carlos' dog had so much to talk about and very little to say. Eventually, after about 15 minutes of walking to who knows which direction. We had it to the royal cabin, " Here you go. I will be back in the morning. Have fun!". The dog ran off and like that we were left alone. "Thank the sea that mutt left! I couldn't stand another bad pirate joke", said Harry as he leaned against the door and picked the lock with his hook. I scolded him for doing it but he simply gave me an excited smile, " Now where is the fun in that lass?". He opened the door for me as I made my way inside. It was exactly what you'd expect for a royal cabin. It just spoke luxury in ever sense of the word. A bit of gold here and there with marble floor. Candles lit the place as there was no electricity and to my surprise, the kitchen came alive. I jumped and so did Harry. We looked on as we saw spoons and forks running about. " I believe we are dreaming", suggested my first mate and he could possibly be right. It could have been a dream if it wasn't for the fact that we were in the land in which magic existed. Just as King Ben said when we first arrived here, " Anything was possible".