Chapter 5

Once Harry had awoken from his nap, he saw that they were about half an hour away from Hogwarts. Draco was awake, reading a book, not seeming to mind the tight grip Harry had on his waist.

"Sorry sweetheart."

"What on earth are you saying sorry for? If anything I'm the one who should be sorry. I'm the reason you had that whole fight with Ron-"

"Draco. You are not the reason for the fight. Our friendship was in bad shape before you came back into my life, remember? I was, however, apologizing for holding you so tightly."

"Oh", Draco said sheepishly. "I don't mind when you hold me like that. It's reassuring that I comfort you in the same way that you comfort me."

"My beautiful boy", Harry whispered, placing a kiss on Draco's forehead.

"We should get changed into our robes now", Draco replied, leaning back into Harry.

"Probably", Harry hummed, leaving a trail of soft kisses down Draco's neck.

"Harry ", Draco sighed, tilting his head back.

"I love you."

"And I love you", Draco replied, allowing Harry to pull back.

They got changed into their robes, and Draco tied Harry's tie for him, caressing his face softly when he was done.

"Do you want me to tie yours?", Harry offered.

"No offense my darling but you're not the best at tying them", Draco teased lightly.

"I had to learn by myself. It gets the job done."

Draco spent the last 10 minutes walking Harry through the process of tying his tie, allowing Harry to practice on him. By the time he was done, Harry had greatly improved.

"What would I do without you, my Prince?"

"Be terribly bored of course. I'm a marvel to be around."

"Damn right you are. Hold onto that confidence, we just got here."

Taking a shaky breath, Draco pushed his shoulders back and held his head high, the Malfoy mask sliding into place.

"I'm not letting you out of my sight", Harry promised.

The two waited for the train to empty out, then Harry slipped out behind Draco, covered by his cloak, and accompanied Draco back to the cabin with their friends.

"Draco, is everything okay?", Pansy asked worriedly, pulling him in for a hug.

"It's okay enough. Ready to face the masses?", he asked bravely.

"I'm walking out with you", Harry decided on a whim.

"Harry-", Neville started.

"No. This starts now. You can head out with Luna and Ginny. I'm going with these three."

"You're sure?"

"Positive."

The original plan had been for Harry to follow them under his cloak to one of the carriages and get in undetected, but he had seen the looks Draco had received while he led him to the cart originally. This was something that needed to be done to keep everyone safe. There was no better time like the present.

Tucking the invisibility cloak into his pocket, Harry grabbed his and Draco's bags so that Draco could help Pansy and Blaise. Moving in early surely had its perks as the men only had one bag each of things they needed daily.

Walking out of the car, Harry came face to face with Theodore Nott.

"McGonagall send you to escort us Potter? Thank fuck for that."