Chapter 14

Potter would not let Draco have one thing that he could be better at. He had specifically told Harry that today was his day to treat him, but oh no, once again his boyfriend had to be sensitive and caring.

Draco had woken up to Harry softly covering his face in kisses, and the whole ordeal only got disgustingly sweeter as the morning progressed. Harry had then presented Draco with breakfast in bed, his favorite chocolate waffles of all things, bacon, and a wonderful fruit salad. Then, he had the nerve to give Draco a bouquet of calla lilies!

Harry couldn't stop laughing as Draco was silently fuming over being outdone, when nothing had even happened yet.

"Honestly my Prince, I thought you would have enjoyed being fussed over. Besides, I had all of this planned before you declared today as your day."

"I do enjoy being fussed over, but not when I feel insubstantial."

"Draco, you could give me a rock because you think it reminded you of me and I would cherish that rock forever", Harry promised, refraining from rolling his eyes at his lover's dramatics.

"You seem as if you would enjoy rocks", Draco retorted with a snort.

"If you're going to be insufferable today then I'll go spend my time with someone else."

"I'm insufferable everyday. I think that's what attracted you to me really. You're a masochist."

"Only for you baby", Harry replied with a wink.

"I detest being called baby. Never do that again unless you want to be single."

"Did you not sleep well or something? You're very on edge."

"I miss when you were oblivious."

"If you're uncomfortable at any point during dinner, then we'll come straight home, I promise. You'll get lots of cuddles and lots of kisses. We can even go for a drive later. You can pick the destination of course since it is your day, but I love to drive and you love being driven, so it's a win-win scenario."

"We can go for a drive?", Draco asked, immediately perking up.

"Anything you want sweetheart."

"Anything?", Draco asked with a sly grin.

"Within reason. Now, what do I wear for today?"

"I'll set out your clothes. Go clean up breakfast. It was wonderful by the way."

"I know", Harry replied, stealing a kiss from Draco before heading on his way.

Draco had spent hours trying to figure out what to do for his boyfriend. He wanted to spoil Harry endlessly, but he knew that wasn't something that Harry would particularly enjoy. Harry liked the simple things, so Draco had to get a bit creative.

Smirking, Draco himself got ready to go out. He had been saving this outfit for a special occasion, and now was as good as ever. Oh, Draco would show Potter alright. As he was applying some eyeliner, Harry knocked on the door.

"One moment!"

Draco made sure he looked his best before slipping one of Harry's hoodies over his outfit. There would be a big reveal of course, right when Harry wasn't expecting it. With a flick of his wand, Draco opened the door for Harry, then laced up his boots. He watched as Harry's own boots walked across the floor and came toe to toe with his.

Looking up, Draco couldn't help the soft smile that appeared on his face, just as Harry couldn't help the way his face lit up at the sight of his Draco. Letting out a low whistle, Harry extended a hand to help Draco up.