37: Snow Angel

It was past 2 in the morning, but Jungkook and Namjoon were still awake. Jungkook had gotten scolded by Namjoon, but shrugged it off and instead presented his case.

So they stayed up, documenting and organizing information on the stalker.

"The other half of the ID would give us the answer we need." Namjoon sighed as he held up the broken piece, "But we'll have to go look in the morning."

Jungkook agreed. He checked his phone for the time before standing, "I'm going to the broadcasting station tomorrow to see Seokjin. I need a list of people that have worked around Jimin."

"I could get that for you, you dont have to go--" Namjoon was quickly interrupted by Jungkook.

"I wanna scope out the place too, see if I find anything weird." Jungkook yawned, stretching, "Please send guards to keep watch of Jimin. Goodnight."

Jungkook waved tiredly to Namjoon before heading towards his room. He didn't tell Namjoon exactly how close he'd gotten to the stalker, or that he'd hurt his shoulder, or that the stalker might have a couple of photos of Jungkook. Namjoon didn't have to know everything.

_________________________________

"There's been a change."

"A change?" Jimin questioned, pausing what he was doing. His flour-covered hand held his phone to his ear.

"You were going to do your final exam tomorrow morning, and graduation was going to be held that afternoon, but due to unforeseen circumstances, the exams have been moved to this afternoon at 3pm. You will recieve your results immediately and proceed to graduation." The voice of Jimin's culinary instructor informed on the other end of the line.

"What?! But why...?" Jimin exclaimed with surprise, "This afternoon?! I didn't even prepare--"

"Isn't that part of the exam? To make do with what you have? It will prove your true skill. It was moved because there were problems with some forgein guests. Anyways, see you this afternoon. I'll send you the address." With that, the instructor hung up.

Jimin scoffed in disbelief. He stared at the black phone screen before tossing it aside, wiping his hands on a rag next to him. He'd been working on some candy for Jungkook, sort of as an apology, but now it would have to wait. He looked at the clock on the wall. It was only 3 hours until the exam.

______________________________

"Thank you for meeting me on such short notice." Jungkook said as he took a seat. He pulled his black mask down to his chin and sighed.

"Of course, it seemed important. I brought the files you asked for, but what's going on?" Seokjin stood as the mafia boss arrived, but sat down after he was seated. He pushed one of the coffee mugs on the table towards Jungkook.

Jungkook said a quiet thank you and took a sip of the warm drink before looking up to meet Seokjin's eyes.

"It's regarding Jimin and his employment at the broadcast station." Jungkook stared at the vapor that rose from the drink in front of him, "He's in danger."

"Danger?" Seokjin sat up, his eyes filling with worry.

Jungkook nodded, "I don't know if he told you, but since he started working there, he started being stalked. I've been keeping an eye on the situation, but with work and everything, its been hard. Recently, I met the stalker outside of Jimin's apartment. I tried to get him...but he got away. All I got was this. Another source confirmed that his stalker works at the station."

Jungkook pulled the broken ID card from his pocket and slid it across the table to Seokjin. He picked it up and studied it slowly.

"He works at the station?" Seokjin shook his head in disbelief, "And Jimin still came to work everyday, with a smile on his face. God, I feel sick." Seokjin picked up a folder from the seat next to him, handing it to Jungkook, "Those are the men that had contact with Jimin while he worked here. I can tell you everything I know about them."