27: Santa and His Elf

The temperatures continued to drop as the days went by. The fall disappeared with the first snow of the year, and winter soon made its arrival along with the holiday season. Jimin grew busy with his upcoming exams and the candy shop, where orders were coming in quickly for the holidays. He still worked with Seokjin, but they had pre-recorded their shows for the rest of the year and were now on holiday break. 

Meanwhile Jungkook, he had also grown increasingly busy. He and Namjoon were tracking  the movement of a gang that had recently returned to Seoul, or more like recently slipped up and made their presence known.  Yoongi and Taehyung were helping too, but their main focus was looking out for Jimin's stalker.

"It's snowing again." Jungkook mentioned as he stared out the window in the office. His arms crossed over his chest as he watched the little white flakes whirl in the air before falling to the ground.

"It's gonna be like that for a while. Forecast is showing snow this whole week." Namjoon shuffled through some papers as he spoke. The sound of his pen on paper was the only sound in the room for a while. Jungkook sighed and turned around, returning to his seat next to Namjoon. He stared absentmindedly at the notes the older man was writing.

"Did you know Hoseok is coming to town?" Namjoon remarked lightly, adjusting his glasses before continuing to write.

"Hoseok is coming? Why? When?" Jungkook asked, surprised.

"What's today? Christmas Eve? Then he'll be here next week. Said he's throwing an End Of The Year party in Seoul. He's tired of celebrating in the states."

"Sounds like Hoseok." Jungkook scoffed softly, amused. Hoseok was known for flying all over the world just for his own entertainment.

The door to the office opened and in came Yoongi, tossing his coat down on one of the empty seats. Taehyung trailed behind him and sat down on one of the empty seats.

"See anything?" Namjoon asked curiously. Yoongi shook his head, plopping down on the couch near the window.

"The gang changed their meeting place last minute I guess. I looked all over town for them and found nothing. And there's no sign of the stalker either." Yoongi yawned.

Namjoon and Jungkook collectively cursed under their breath. They had finally cracked down on the gang's meeting place and had sent Yoongi and Taehyung out to spy, but their plan failed.

"We'll just try again tomorrow." Namjoon put his pen down and ran a hand through his hair. 

Jungkook nodded softly, his eyes drifting to the window where the snow fell on the other side, "I'm going outside." He muttered, already heading towards the office door. He stepped out and headed to the front door,  where he picked up his padded coat and slipped on his snow boots. He swung the front door open and was about to step out when a package on the doorstep caught his eye. He wasn't expecting anything, what was this?

Jungkook closed the door behind him before picking up the package. It was heavy and wrapped like a present, with a huge red bow on top and snow flake covered wrapping paper. Curious, Jungkook undid the bow and carefully tore open the wrapping paper. His eyes widened when he realized what it was. A beautiful glass jar filled to the brim with Pinkie Mellow, along with a whole other glass jar of assorted candies. There was no doubt this gift was from Jimin, and Jungkook's thought was confirmed when he found the note taped to the bottom of jar. He carefully removed it and read it. 

"Merry Christmas! Here's a treat to help make the winter a little sweeter :) with love, Jimin."

Jungkook tucked the note into his pocket and carried his gifts carefully inside. Too excited to remove his coat, he set the jars on the coffee table and ran to the office room. Luckily, the person he wanted to meet was on their way out.