2) Human Activity

*Angelo's pov*

I looked out at the forest. It's been a general rule that no one is to enter the forest unless your just getting the berries that only grow wildly or some wood off the forest floor. We never chop any tree from the forest, and we never will. We've gotten our wood by the forest garden. Chop one down replant one or just add more in when sprouts show up.

Ronin. I'm surprised I even remember the name considering how long it's been. 20 years is a long time but at least our unstable treaty has been staying in place. Yes if I could change the treaty a bit I would make it so that we could interact with one another but that requires me to go into the forest.

I can't leave my kingdom yet and Shino's still young. He would have to have help which he doesn't like but it's how it would have to go. However I don't plan on leaving anytime soon. As long as the treaty works I'll leave it alone. Hopefully Ronin hasn't passed on there was one final battle before the treaty was made.

I looked down and saw Shino training with Kol again. Shino's been trying to see how long he can hold his quirk which so far is an hour but he wants to make it so he can hold it for 3 hours before going temporary blind.

I smiled as the session ended and Shino punched Kol on his shoulder probably has something to do with Kol asking the chefs to make Shino's favorite lunch.

"Your majesty. You have guests." I looked at Colin who was kneeled before me with a couple of people who I recognized at people Shino is friends with. Shino takes pictures of everyone that he becomes friends with so that I know who to invite and who I would have to ask Shino if he wants to see them

"If your looking for Shino he just went to the dinning hall." I said and Colin got up and smiled nodding his head as he lead David and Nico to Shino.

I smiled at them, Shino's made good friends and I'm happy for him. I walked away from the window and went to my office and sat down to deal with paperwork. I looked up when Mood Swing came in holding a letter scroll.

"Majesty you got a letter from the kingdom over seas." Mood Swing said and I took the scroll and looked at it.

I opened it and sighed. It's just another kingdom that wants to meet up and have either my son or one of my daughters to marry but I'm not interested in trying to have my kids get married in fact I'm unusual because I want my kids to pick their partner after getting to know them.

"I'm not going to deal with this. A peace Treaty between our kingdoms is perfectly fine I don't need a marriage in order to make peace." I said getting up.

"Alright. Shall I send back a letter?" Mood Swing asked

"I'll write it. Also no need to be formal you know I'm ok with normal speech." I said and Mood Swing nodded.

"Sorry old habits I geuss." She said and I chuckled.

I walk and went to the training grounds and Shino waved to me. He must have finished eating and chatting and went back to training.

"How was the training?" I asked dismissing Mood Swing so they could go back to their usual routine.

"It was good. Although my visions starting to go black." Shino said and I sighed.

"Then rest. With time comes better skill in using your quirk." I said and I looked at Kol and Alexander and they nodded.

Alexander usually is a yellow blob but whenever I come around he also turns into one of the guards. I keep telling him he doesn't have to do that but I guess it's his own preference.

"Hey dad I have a question." I looked at Shino again.

"What's up?" I asked

"Well it's been 20 years since we made peace right?" Shino said and I nodded.

"So is it possible that if we went into the forest to see the Hybrids we could see them?" Shino asked and I wanted to say yes but...

"I wouldn't recommend it. The treaty between us and the Forest kingdom is unbalanced. If someone of your status went down in there it could cause not only confusion but also kingdoms take things differently. I don't want them to think that we are trying to pick a fight." I said

"But-" Shino said and I shook my head.

"Sorry but no. It's not happening. I'm already uneasy as is because I don't want another fight to break out." I said

"They say you are the one who stopped the war. Is it true." Kol asked and I looked at him and sighed. I knew this was going to happen they were going to get curious about that, I never really shared the story.

"I didn't do it alone. It's a long story. You can choose to listen or not." I said

"I wanna know." Shino said

"Well I geuss I need to have more history lessions with you." I said and Shino groaned.

"Besides that. Yes I was the one who convinced my father to stop the war. However I didn't do it alone. Actually I was once on the front lines and I was badly injured surrounded by the enemy but I was saved by the enemy." I said and I watched all of them sit down and listen.

"His name was Ronin, he was a vampire hybrid who only drank animal blood so no he didn't bite me but he did save my life and I still don't understand why. However from a young age people are taught that the hybrids are a curse that needs to be wiped out. However as soon as I met Ronin my whole point of view on them changed." I said

"So Ronin told his side to stop?" Alexander asked

"That is correct, also Ronin helped me. It was dangerous but he took me into the woods and patched me up and gave me shelter for the day until night came and he took me home. After that day I wasn't allowed to go to the front lines but that gave me a lot of time to convince my dad and the people that violence shouldn't continue.

We choose a day and we waited one full week. That week turned into a mouth and before I knew it my dad and the leader of the hybrids came out on the old battle field and sighed the treaty." I said

"What was your main reasoning for making them back down?" Kol asked

"What was Ronin like?" Shino asked

"Ok one question at a time, but my main reason and it was most likely Ronin's as well is the people. Ronin specifically told me that when he saved me he wanted to stop the war. He wanted to stop the war because number were lost and the children only babies or even unborn were growing up without the care of two or at least one parent." I said

"So if the war continued we would have won?" Shino asked

"...we also we're losing our best men. A kingdom cannot strive forward if the kingdom is just female." I said

"Oh." Shino said

"As for Ronin himself. Well when I met him, he actually tried to bring me in nicely but I was stubborn and I won't let him touch me so he picked me up after very quickly slapping my injury. He brought me to a hidden spot and patched me up. His life wasn't the easiest he was one of many that grew up without a parent and I did use my quirk on him." I said

"So. You saw his life." Alexander said

"I saw the massive number of kids he grew up with who were all orphan. They didn't even have proper housing. They all lived under trees in the open." I said

"That's a horrible way to live." Kol said

"It is. Anyways that's basically the story. If you have questions I'll answer them later. I have some paperwork to finish." I said and they nodded and I left.

I paused and looked back and sighed they are all good kids. I hope your doing good Ronin.