Chapter Six

I woke up from my peaceful sleep in the middle of the night feeling completely parched. I walked downstairs to the kitchen and poured myself a glass of water. I looked up to see a tall figure standing in the doorway, "Alex?" I asked. I took a step back when the figure stepped closer to me. Alex stepped into the light, and I dropped the glass when I saw him covered in blood. I didn't know what to do. I felt myself panicking when flashbacks of my mother's death flooded into my mind.

*Flashback"
" óchi óchi óchi mamá! mamá parakaloúme xypníste. den boró na zíso chorís eséna se parakaló xýpna!"

(No , no, no, Mama! mama, please wake up. i can't live without you. please wake up!)
I screamed when her heart line went flat, the blood that covered her beautiful face and tattered clothes

*End of Flashback*

Alex's Pov

After I had beat the shit out of that bastard in my basement, I needed a glass of whiskey. I heard scuffling in the kitchen, so I stepped out to see what it was, "Alex" I heard Scarlett call. Oh shit. I had never seen her so scared in the 2 months we've been married. Not even on our wedding day. She was frozen, and the glass shattering into the floor was the only sound being made. She was remembering something. She was shaking and breathing heavily. I was like that for about 20 seconds or so before her soft voice broke the silence. "I'm sorry." it was more like a whisper when she spoke than anything. She bent down and started to pick up the glass, "shit" she whispered to herself, holding her handing. I stalked towards the counter, "Sit," I told her. She slid up onto the counter while I got the first aid kit out of the cupboard. I began to clean her wound, her nose scrunched up when I applied the alcohol to her hand, "what?" I grunted." Nothing." She replied, fear in her voice. It made sense, though. I was covered in blood that she knew wasn't mine, but I would never hurt a woman, and I thought everyone knew that. Her hand shook the whole time I was wrapping it. " There," I said, letting her hand go. " Thank you," she replied. She began making her way up the stairs, " Good night, Alexander." She said, turning around. "It's just Alex."
I told her. "Um, ok then, good night, Alex."
"Goodnight."
God, what the hell am I thinking.

~~~~~

Scarlett's Pov

He fixed my hand. I expected him to scream and yell or hit me or throw things, but he didn't. Instead, he helped. As he was, his rough hand brushed against my bare leg, sending shivers down my spine. Wait, what am I saying? He's a ruthless killer, playboy, maniac. What the hell am I even thinking.

~~~~~

Hey guys! I know that this chapter was a little late and a little short, and I am deeply sorry for that. I want to know how you guys felt about this chapter, so please let me know. If you have any suggestions, please comment those as well. Be sure to check out my other two stories, and remember to vote and comment on them all,it would make me so happy. Anyway, I love you all so so much, and thank you for the support. You guys are so awesome, and I hope you have a totally awesome day. ☺️😘❤️🥰🤗😍😊