Chapter Nine

Alex's Pov
1 week later
I woke up this morning and went straight to work. A week had passed since the Antonia incident and it had been fairly silent. The whole day at work I kept think of Scarlett and how beautiful it was when she spoke Greek, what is she doing to me. I was snapped out of the my thoughts when a knock sounded at my door, " come in"
"Alex, there's been an attack at the house. "
" What!?" I asked standing up from my desk
I ran out of my office grabbing the keys to my Mercedes.
When I got there bullets were being fired everywhere. I ran through the house shooting person after person until I got to Scarlett's room. I didn't see her anywhere. I thought maybe they had kidnapped her but when I went in her closet, there she was huddled up in the corner, in a ball. " Are you ok?" I asked her she gave me a confused look but then nodded her yes. "Ok let's go" i took her hand and ran with her to my office. Shots still being fired everywhere. I can't believe I'm doing this, just because we're married doesn't mean I have to take care of her. Just then my office door was kicked down. Scarlett ducked her head when she heard them come in. I stood up and began firing at the enemy. Until finally they were gone, " Take em' downstairs, I'll deal with them later." Scarlett stood up from behind the desk and began walking away. " Where the hell are you going. "
" Back to my room"
" No you're not, ever since the gala people think that you and I are together. They think that you're my weakness which means that you are a target, you'll be staying in my room from now on, so I can keep and eye on you. "
Her head shot up from the floor.
" No, I'm sure I'll be fine. "
"You will do as I say" I said losing my patience
"Bu-"
"YOU WILL DO AS I SAY!" I yelled.
" Ok" she said in Defeat
" Be ready to go in an hour, we're going out."
" Where?" She asked
" Don't worry about it, just dress casual."

*1 hour later*

I walked down stairs and Scarlett had already been sitting at the kitchen island talking with Sophia. " Let's go"
I walked out the door and she followed suit. We got in my Mercedes and drove for about and hour and 20 minutes before we reached my house on Anzio Beach.
"What are we doing here?" She asked
"The house was shot at, if I told you we were hiding out, you would have fought me and I'm really not in the mood for your shit."
" Oh ok" she said almost disappointed
" Your bag is in the back of my car, if you want your belongings you'll go get it"
She walked out the door and got her bag from the car.
" Um where is the bathroom."
" Down the hall first door to your left"

*15 min later*

When she was done showering I went in to take mine. When I came back out she was just sitting in the deck by the pier watching the water wash over the sand and the star dance in the sky.
" You're going to freeze to death"
I said taking her arm and pulling into the kitchen.
" You hungry?"
" Not really. Um where are we supposed to be sleeping." She asked uncomfortably.
" I told you, from no on you stay in my room."

Hey guys I am so sorry it took me so long to update.i just recently went back to school and I haven't really had time to update. Anyway vote and comment you know the drill. I love you all and I hope you have an amazing day. Stay awesome. 😎😘❤️😊