6: tsumiki's curse

The day started off as any other would. He woke up, got dressed, ate the breakfast Tsumiki prepared for them, and walked to school.

Nothing out of the ordinary happened in any of his classes. In fact, it was an abnormally boring day and he was kind of looking forward to Gojo training him for once.

"You're in a better mood than usual, Megumi. No fights today?" asked his sister on their walk home.

Megumi shrugged. "No one chose to do anything bad today, guess they're finally learning their lesson."

"You know, fighting isn't how you teach people lessons. I know you're training to be a jujutsu sorcerer or whatever, but that doesn't mean you always have to try to play the hero."

"I don't try to play anything. Like you said, I'm a sorcerer. Plus, only good people are heroes."

The brown haired girl frowned. "Well aren't sorcerers good people? You save people and stuff, right?"

"Saving people doesn't make you a hero."

"But it makes you a good person, and by your logic, that makes you a hero!"

"Saving people doesn't make you a good person either. Sorcerers are not good people, they can't afford to be." Megumi huffed.

"Then who is a good person?"

The boy paused. "You are."

The rest of their walk home was spent in silence. By the time they got to their house, Tsumiki had had enough.

"You're a good person too Megumi. You just don't see it, but I do. I might not agree with it, but I know your fighting is your own special brand of kindness. Protecting the good people, right?"

"No. The kids I beat up are simply bad people, and that's why they get hurt. Not to protect anyone, and certainly not to protect good people. I can't stand good people." He stated while reaching to unlock the door.

His sister looked at him for a moment before stepping inside the home. "But you said I was a good person?"

"You're an exception."

——————————————

The rest of the afternoon was spent in a peaceful silence. They made dinner, did some light cleaning, and sat down to watch a movie in the living room (or read, if your name was Megumi).

Gojo had interrupted their peace with a phone call stating he was going on an important mission and wouldn't be able to come over for the next few days, much to Megumi's disappointment (though he'd never say that out loud).

"Hey 'Gumi, you think you'll be good on your own for the night? Kyoka and Atari invited me for a sleepover tonight." Tsumiki asked when their movie was finished.

"I'll be fine." The boy shrugged. "I'm not five anymore, Tsumiki, you don't have to ask if it's okay for you to leave the house."

"I just don't want you thinking I left you or something crazy like that, and don't even try to deny it because we both know how you get when people leave without saying anything!"

He rolled his eyes. "Are you gonna psychoanalyze me or go hang out with your friends?"

"Byeeeeeeee Megumiiiii! I love you!"