7: like father, like son

Gojo cared for Megumi. That much was obvious.

After all, the man adopted him when he himself was still a teenager, and was willing to fight off the Zen'in clan without Megumi even having to ask him.

However there were moments. Split seconds he'd catch out of the corner of his eye where Gojo's carefree smile slipped. The facade dropped and in its place was a grimace. Times where Megumi would question why the man was looking at him with such distaste only to be brushed off and have the fake smile return.

One of those moments was right now.

They were training in the woods behind the house when it started raining. Gojo was perfectly dry with the help of his cursed technique, but with the face he made when he looked down from staring into the sky and saw Megumi, you would've thought he was the one soaked to the bone and freezing amongst the trees.

Out of concern, Megumi asked "What's wrong, Gojo?"

———————————————

Satoru cursed Toji Fushiguro for having such strong genes. He tried not to let it show, but he wasn't stupid, he knew the kid caught his glares when he did something a little too much like his father.

He also knew how Megumi thought. If the kid believed himself to be the cause of Gojo's discomfort (which technically, yes that was true), then he would try his hardest to make himself change.

Megumi had recently started spiking his hair up. Whether or not it was in an effort to stop Satoru's strange looks, the man would never know. All he knew was that the kid had adopted a hairstyle kind of like his own, just a bit more spikey and less fluffy than his rather than letting his bangs hang over his eyes like they used to.

God, I hope I'm not making him insecure. He probably thinks I secretly hate him or something.

Sometimes the young Fushiguro would ask him what was happening. Why he was looking at the kid like he hated him. It took everything in Gojo not to snap and demand the kid dye his hair or something, anything to make him look less like his bastard of a father. Usually, he could just brush it off, usually he'd make a joke before schooling his face into something more accepting. Now was not one of those times.

The downpour was inconvenient to say the least. He was psyched about teaching Megumi a new shikigami to try to summon, a bird called Nue, but the rain seemed to have other plans.

He glared at the sky for a moment and thought about how awesome it was to be able to look into the sky while it was raining and still be completely dry. Upon looking down, he was met with an image he never wanted to see.

Toji Fushiguro if you took the scar away and shaved a decade or two off him.

"What's wrong, Gojo?"

Suddenly, he sees black.

———————————————

The rain was pouring. Droplets bounced off the air around him and cascaded to the ground. Beside him lay the body of a little girl. The girl he was supposed to protect.

"Damnit." The teen muttered.

To his side, a man who was all muscle and sharp features stood.

"Satoru Gojo, right?" the man asked.

"The one and only. You gonna try to kill me too?" "I gotta say," the white haired boy turned to face his enemy "I'm a hell of a lot harder to kill than a little girl."

The man looked at Satoru. His grown out bangs covered his eyes partially. His green eyes were cold, emotionless. The scar on his lip moved as he gave a crooked smile. "Heh. We'll see about that."

Those words lead to one of the hardest battles of Satoru's life. The man, he soon learned his name was Toji Fushiguro, may not have been able to see curses or use a cursed technique, but he was powerful nonetheless.

Every attack Gojo threw at him the man dodged. Every time he got close enough for a punch, the worm wrapped around his torso would regurgitate a weapon that pierced through his limitless technique. Satoru was powerful, arguably the strongest, but prior to this battle no one he fought had been able to touch him.

Toji Fushiguro fought like a mad man with nothing to loose. His moves were both calculated and strong, yet erratic and desperate.. Hence why when Gojo finally managed to blast his arm and part of his body off, he was shocked to find that the man's last words were spent telling him he had a kid.

"Gojo."

What? Toji died, how is he still talking?

"Gojo!"

There's no way he's-

"GOJO!"

———————————————

Tiny hands pushed at his shoulders.

"Huh? Megumi?" The man looked at the kid in front of him.

He was pinned against a tree, shivering from the cold rain coming down around them and oh my god am I the one holding him like that? Gojo thought.

"Gojo?" Megumi questioned. "Can you let me down now please?"

"Shit. Yeah, of course." He lowered the boy to the geoun. "I'm so ducking sorry, Megumi, I don't know what happened-"

"Is Toji my dad?" "Is that his name?"

The six eyes user was stunned into silence. Clearing his throat, he said "Uh, yeah, yeah he was your dad."

"Was?"

Shit. "Well yeah kid, he kinda d-"

"I told you already, I don't care what he did." "Now let's go back inside, I'm freezing." He lowered his voice. "I already thought of you as my new dad anyways."

"Awww, Megumi, you do care about me!"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever."

————————————————
AN: will Gojo ever get over his Toji trauma? Probably not! Also sorry this sucks I have writers block lmao