Chapter 6

Heyy guys! I know my last chapter wasn't even like a real chapter,. It was soooo short. But it's something. Hopefully, this one will be longer...

Sophie's POV:

The next day Keefe came to pick me up for school. This time he walked with me to my locker to help me with my books and bring me to my first class. He's doing pretty well actually. And when it came around lunchtime, I sat with him and his friends at their table and talked with them. I mean yes they weren't exactly the nicest and they definitely talked a lot about having money, but other than that they were kinda nice. I spent a lot of the time talking to Dex and Linh. It would have been tam too but I guess he had been like me and didn't really eat lunch with them often. They talked about all the sports coming up and new movies they wanted to see and I just sat there and listened in on all the conversation. Keefe must have noticed because he started a conversation with me.

"Hey, so what extracurriculars do you do?"

"Oh...none" He looked at me like I was crazy!

"Keefe, you're forgetting I don't do Interacting with people...." He laughed.

"I guess..." Then he changed the subject.

"So-" Just then the bell rang signaling the next period. I got up and put my tray on the stacks with the others and left the cafeteria with Keefe right at my heels. This could be fun, having him follow me around all the time trying to make me happy. Kinda lessened the whole rich and snobby thing he had going.

At the end of the day, Keefe said he had  practice, so I decided to come and watch. It's not like I had anything else to do anyway. The coach made them run so many laps to 'warm up' that I wouldn't have even been able to do the rest of the practice if it was me out there. But Keefe and the other boys barely looked out of breath when the coach started giving half of them colorful jerseys to put over their workout shirts. Keefe was on the no-jersey-wearing team and he was playing as defense. (which I thought was odd because he seemed so good and putting him at defense just didn't make sense) But as he kept playing, I saw why the coach had done that. Because he was so good, He was able to keep Every.Single.Ball out of the goal. and by the end of practice hs team ended up winning. As he was high-fiving all his buddies I came up to congratulate him on the win. Let's hope it doesn't end up like last time I tried that...

"hey! Great job out there! I honestly was surprised when they put you in defense since you're so good but now I see why." He sheepishly smiled.

"Yeeah. Coach thinks I would be better there for the games, but then I don't get any action!"

"Pshhhh yes you do! You get plenty of action every time you block their ball from going in the goal! It's like the most important job of the game! Or else they win!" I told him. That seemed to help his mood a little. Then all his teammates were talking to me.

"Hey! So you're foster..." One of them said. "We've heard so much about you! Your Keefe's girlfriend right?" The guy asked.

"Yeah." Was all I said. Then some other guy started talking.

"Yeah. And lucky he is. I would take ya if I could." He must have meant it as a joke because ll the other guys started laughing except Keefe. Me and him both glared at the guy which shut down the laughter slowly.

"sorry" He mumbled.

When I got home Keefe decided to come in so we could do our homework together. Edaline thought it was sweet. I still hadn't told her that technically me and him were dating, but she had that mom look in her eyes and her smile had never been brighter as she said.

"I'll go make some Mallowmelt and leave you two to work." Keefe looked ecstatic! And that's when I remembered how much he loved Mom's Mallowmelt.

"Yes! I haven't found a food that good in years! Can't wait. Thanks, Edaline!" He said with a smile. She looked so happy to have her cake-loving boy back in our lives. Okay I know that sounded a little weird, but that's what she used to call him anyway. Her cake-loving boy. He seemed to like the nickname.

When she left the living room they got to work. First, they did their scene homework-which was very difficult-then they did math, which was Keefe's favorite because he's always thought of math as puzzles you have to figure out. I mean don't get me wrong, if he could choose no classes he would, but out of all the classes he had to take, math was the one he actually would do without being forced. So he helped me do that and about halfway through the ELA homework, Edaline came back with a whole plate of Mallowmelt for me and Keefe. Keefe took three slices and thanked Edaline before asking if she wanted to sit with them and talk. She seemed happy to be brought into the room and they all talked about what's been going on over the lost years. School, business, embarrassing stories about Sophie that Keefe always loved. They talked for a while when the bell rang.

"Oh! That must be Grady. I'm sure he'll be excited to see you after so long!" She said. But you could tell she was a little unsure.

Ever since Keefe left to hang out with the cooler kids, I isolated myself and closed off everyone else. Even my parents for a while! It made Grady hate that boy. So the rest of the afternoon may not be so cuddly. Let's hope he goes easy on Keefe.

Then the door Opened...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Heyyyy! Not the longest chapter, I know...but it's something! And it's bigger than the last chapter!