Chapter 8 - Allies

Expedition report from RG-2

Carried out by: Lieutenant Andrea Williams

Report states: Peaceful first contact with natives has been successfully established by RG-2 with a local country designated as Yellow forest county. County has a population of roughly eight thousand people and six hundred militia. Has suffered casualties due to recent goblin attack. The goblin problem has been eradicated on the request of Lieutenant Williams with the use of fire and explosives. Goblins along with hyper aggressive and dangerous ferals have been designated as 'Shoot on sight'. The mayor of the county, Finadan Hesto, has provided RG-2 with information regarding the structure and hierarchy of the empire. The lowest level settlements in the empire are villages, with up to two thousand residents and an elder as a representative. These villages are known to merge into smaller or larger counties, the latter of which has a population of between ten and twenty thousand residents and a county mayor along with a militia force for defense. Above them are towns with a population of between twenty and one hundred thousand people with a town mayor and a militia force for defense and walls. Above them are cities with a population of between one hundred and two hundred and fifty thousand people, however these cities all have sturdy fortifications and a proper city guard for defense as well as a city police force for internal problems. Outside of the city walls are usually slum-like areas with poor living conditions. Above cities are major cities. There are only seven of these cities, not counting the capital of Elyana. These cities are larger and have a population of anywhere between two hundred and fifty and nine hundred thousand people with a lord who has the control of that region. The region itself carries the name of its capital. The only exception is the region of Meilume which besides its capital has another major city, Kuruk, located on the bifurcation site of the Great Alston River. Further information is required for the grand capital of Elyana.

---

19th of June, 2070 (Nine days before the launch of the RG program)

Undisclosed location

It has over a moon cycle since the invasion and prince Bodin was still in his cell. For several days, the agent hasn't called him for questioning. He worried that he had outlived his purpose and that something terrible might occur. Despite the agent saying how that will not occur, he couldn't shake the feeling he had deep inside of him. Still, he didn't think just about himself, beyond all else, he was terrified for his men, the men that came with him to Earth, as the humans called it. He worried if some chose not cooperate, some could be stubborn. On the other hand he didn't care about the elves. The dwarves? Maybe. But as far the blue-skinned bastards were concerned, they could die as painfully as possible.

'Father.', he thought, "Mother. Helga. Franka. Please hold on. I will return to you, I promise.'

As he finished this thoughts, knocking came from his cell door. He instinctively got up and walked to it, preparing his hands and legs. The guard opened the little window and spoke, "That won't be necessary. Someone important wants to see you and he gave us orders not to chain you.", he opened the door, "Follow us."

Bodin was greatly confused by this. Someone important? Was it the prison warden? Or maybe some high ranking noble. Either way, he could only find out if he followed orders, so he did. Following the two black guards, Bodin noticed the path is different. The beginning was usually left, right, left, left. Now it was different. It wasn't the agent who called for him. After climbing up some stairs, they reached a peculiar hallway. It had paintings on the walls and there was long yellow and red rug on the floor leading to a double-sized door next to which were two more guards.

"He's here.", said one of the guards who led Bodin as they stopped. After one of the guards knocked on the door three times and after an 'Enter' from behind it did they let Bodin in. As Bodin entered, the door closed behind him. He found himself in a room he could only compare to the luxurious chambers of nobility. Arts and paintings in corners and walls, a rug made out of a bear beneath a masterfully crafted desk and chairs which looked more comfortable then his bed.