Chapter 14 - Rising rose

Operation report

Designation: Rising rose

Day 1: 27th of July, 2070

Five days prior to the beginning of the operation, the Empire of Light launched an invasion on the Alston border. The spearhead of this invasion was the 10th elven army, which sieged the Alston border castle of Rondo. Drone footage showed that said army split into three separate forces with the aim of encircling the castle.

Elements of the 1st Armored Division, 7th Infantry Division, 75th Ranger Regiment and 16th Combat Aviation Brigade were sent to aid the Rosians. After battling through the first splinter army, reinforcements arrived at Rondo castle and defeated the invading force. The 7th Infantry Division further fortified Molak to prepare for the final elven assault. The Rosians have suffered heavy casualties but showed gratitude.

At the same time, command authorized the assault on the Imperial Fort Mundus. Elements of the 1st Cavalry Division, 2nd Armored Division and 75th Ranger Regiment were deployed. In addition, Lieutenant General Patrick Coleman decided to deploy the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Tribal Companies from the 1st Tribal Battalion. The siege is still underway but Brigadier-General Oscar Wayne states progress has already been made.

Furthermore, troops have been sent to the eastern coast to act as a lookout for the Imperial fleet.

-Colonel Andrew Marshal

---
(2 days before operation Rose Rising)

Fort Galdush

25th of July, 2070

Ever since its arrival, the US Army has worked non-stop to make sure Fort Galdush was as secure as it could be in the new world. The flat terrain made it easier for the engineers to work but at the expense of having no natural cover. Still, being relatively far away from the nearest Imperial forces was favorable.

Fort Galdush was built based on the 19th-century German polygonal fort design. Since the enemy army was a mixture of Roman era, Middle age, and Napoleonic era weapons and tactics, having a base built to withstand such assaults was logical.

However, its uses expanded over time. In the past couple of weeks, the army built settlements for refugees who ran from bandit and beast attacks. Thousands of people have settled near Galdush and so far have not caused problems. Many were worried about what the army might do, but most were happy that they weren't dead.

Interactions between races have gotten mixed results. Reports of verbal and physical conflicts were not uncommon. In response to this, the military police organized a patrol network and hired locals as well as tribals who were willing to help.

As for the tribals themselves, they were more confused than anything else. Colonel Andrew Marshal told them that they will be integrated into the army but so far all they've done is train and learn. This frustrated many of them and some even took it as an insult to their skills. One such group was from RG-5, who had just finished their session.

"I hate this!", yelled Tatton as he exited the shower, "That paint doesn't wash off easily."

"Calm down.", said Wulston while he scratched his ears, "We're getting better."

"Why are we even doing this?"

"You know why. If we are to fight with the humans we need to know how they fight."