After The Void

Renee stays in your arms for another 30 minutes, laying her head on your chest. Your heart is still racing when she gives you a kiss and stands to get dressed. As she's putting on her underwear you walk up and kiss the top of her head causing a giggle from the phase shifter. "Earlier, when the atmosphere changed. Is that what it's like being in your void?" You ask her gently as you stroke the top of her head. Renee looks up at you with a shocked expression.

     She blushes and looks down. "Yes, I didn't think you felt that. It's kind of embarrassing." She turns her back to you and your arms wrap around her hips. You kiss the top of her head then her cheek.

    "If I knew all it took to make you so adorable was sex I would have fucked you as soon as I got here." You poke her side in teasing as you say this and she slaps you playfully. 

   "Well if I had known how good you were at it I would have let you." Renee pokes you back and you pick her up, lifting her onto the counter. You kiss her and the phase shifter wraps her legs around your waist. She pulls back. "If you don't go put some boxers on you'll be in my void again." Renee winks at you and smirks as she pushes you back. You turn to get dressed. 

   "Why don't you let me get that stuff washed?" You ask over your shoulder. "You can wear some of my clothes for now." 

   "O-okay. One second." Moments later she's naked again and hands you all of her clothes she had on. You kiss her once again and lead her into your bedroom to get some clothes. You toss her a shirt and a pair of sweatpants that are both way too big for her but she can tie the sweatpants to keep them up. Grabbing boxers and track pants with a T-shirt for yourself you both get dressed as you toss the dirty clothes in your washer.

    The time is almost 18:00 when you exit your room with her still wearing your clothes and head to the training area. The door slides open and the two of you enter side by side. "I want a rematch, no knives this time, okay?" You turn to her and she smiles. 

    "Oh you're on." She steps into the sparring ring and you follow suit. You get into your street stance and she charges you and feints right, you sidestep and her foot catches you right in your ribs as a result. She smiles and swings for your face. You roll to the side and swipe her legs but she phases, you close your eyes and feel a presence to your right as she exits and knees you in the face. You topple over and spring up to your feet in time to catch her arm as she swings, throwing her off balance and pinning her down. 

    "I win." You state and release her arm.

   "No, I'm the one with a hot guy pinning me down, I think I win." Renee smiles and pulls you in for a kiss. 

    "Whoa whoa, what's going on here?" Elliott yells from the door. "You, are with her, and no-one's dead?" Octavio, Ajay and Loba approach and look through the door all seem surprised. "Guys guys. They were just kissing!" Elliott yells.

    "Shut the fuck  up Mirage." You look down to see Renee even more angry than before and quickly stand up. All blood drains from Elliott's face as she enters the void and exits with her knife at his throat. "Get moving before I empty your throat right here." Her eyes turn grey as she says "If I change my mind, say hello to death for me." 

   Elliott swallows and announces. "A-all right guys, nothing to see here my bad let's all move along." He chuckles nervously as he walks away. The crowd follows him with Octavio flashing you a thumbs up as Renee turns back to you. 

    "Ignore them, Elliott's just having a hard time coping so he uses humor to mask it." You give her a hug.

     "What do you mean?" She hugs you back and tries to hide how she feels even though she's shaking with anger.

    "His mom, she's all he has left. He never knew his dad and his brothers all died in the frontier war. Now she has amnesia and is forgetting who he is." You stroke the back of her head to calm her down. You wouldn't mind if she was the only one you talked to at this point.

    "O-oh." Renee's shuddering stops and her expression softens. "That's terrible, and the way I've been treating him this whole time-"

    "It's okay, you didn't know, Renee." You brush the back of her head with your hand as you kiss the top of it. "It's okay he doesn't tell anyone, but I have my ways of gathering information." You squeeze her tight and she looks up at you.

   "Thank you, nobody is kind to me like this." There are tears forming in her gorgeous eyes and you can't help but feel the tug on your heart. "It means a lot, more than I know how to tell you. As long back as I can remember I've been treated like a freak by almost everyone, spare for Natalie but I don't think she's capable of cruelty. Not a mean bone in that girl's body." Renee and you both chuckle.

    "I don't think I could treat someone as beautiful as you like a monster." A tear slides down her cheek and you wipe it away with your thumb. She hugs tight to your chest before pulling your face down to meet hers in a gentle loving kiss. She grabs your hand and leads you out the door and down the hall to her room. "You let me sleep in your room last night, only fair if I do the same for you.

    "It didn't mean anything, you were drunk, you don't have to repay that." She rolls her eyes and shoves you through the door then drags you to bed and lays down next to you. 

    "Don't leave like everyone else does, Y/n. Please" Renee whispers as you fall asleep with her in your arms.