Chapter 7 - Car

Bella's P.O.V

Caroline finally stopped asking questions, which was good. She made me a strawberry milkshake, which was also good.
Her and Klausy were talking. I really didn't want anybody else to know about Elena, because it might make her really angry, and then she might hurt me.
Suddenly there was a knock at the door making me jump. Then a figure walked in, it was Damy. He looked at me and relaxed, and he looked at me sadly,
"Bella we've been looking everywhere for you," he told me.
I looked down, tears prickling my eyes. I felt kind of bad because him and Steffy were so nice to me, but I don't want to go back. Elena was scary. I don't want to get in the way. It's too scary to go back there. I didn't want another re-play of what happened in my past. But I knew it would happen sooner or later anyway...
"What's up?" He asked me.
"I- I... please.." I cried.
"What happened?" He asked me what worried.
"I- I can't go back.." I whispered.
"Go back where?" He asked.
"With you." I whispered.
He frowned,
"Why not? Bella what happened?" He asked me.
I shook my head,
"No!" I ran.
I ran out of the door away from him, I can not go back, I am not going back. Elena...
I kept running and into the road, I just wanted to run far away from everybody. I wanted to just be on my own because that way I know that nobody will hurt me.
"BELLA! NO!" I heard somebody scream. I stopped and turned around to see who it was shouting, but then As I turned I seen a.....

I felt immense pain as I was hit and knocked down as the car hit me.

Damons P.O.V

"No!" She cried and she ran. She's a fast little runner. She ran out of the door and I got up and went to chase her.
I got to the door of Caroline's house and there was Bella running across the road, but that is when I also seen a speeding car getting closer, and closer..
"BELLA NO!" I screamed but I was too late.
She turned around and that is when the car hit her with such a big force. The car collided with her and she tumbled over the windscreen and fell onto the ground.
I immediately ran towards her with inhuman speed, eyes wide.
She was lying on the ground, looking small and helpless. She had blood on her head, and her eyes were fluttering open and close. It was quite tempting with the blood but I could handle it, I would never hurt her.
I knelt down to her,
"Bella? Bella? Keep your eyes open, come on." I pleaded her.
I could see her fighting to,
"It hurts, Damy," she whimpered.
My heart melted.
"Where does it hurt?" I asked her.
"Everywhere.." she mumbled, closing her eyes.
"No Bella.. open your eyes come on." I begged.
They fluttered open,
"It's okay, you'll be okay. You can fight this." i reassured her.
She smiled weakly,
"I'm not so sure.. it hurts.. real bad." she sobbed.
"You'll be okay." I kept saying, over and over, hugging her.
Her eyes kept closing. I kept back the tears in my eyes, I wasn't going to cry over this. I hardly knew this kid... but there was something about her...

I picked her up in my arms, and I held her in my arms. Klaus said he would take us to the hospital in his car,so I got in the back of the car with her.
"Keep your eyes open, littl'un.." I kept telling her, but it wasn't doing much good. She was a little fighter though, she did her best to keep her eyes open.

We reached the hospital and I walked in with her in my arms,
"Somebody help!" I screamed.
I attracted a lot of nurses attention and lots of them ran over to us.
They put her on a bed and took her into a room, connecting her to this machine that measured her pulse. The nurses did there thing, and she seemed okay for the moment..

The nurses soon left and that made me angry. She has just been hit by a car, they hook her up to a machine and leave?!
Me and Caroline stood next to her bed, and Klaus was also still here for some reason. He was sitting in a chair in the corner of the room, staring into space thinking. The room was silent except for the steady beeping of the machine.