Chapter 4 - Shopping with Caroline

Bella's P.O.V

I woke up the next morning in the big comfortable bed, I had never felt so comfortable in my life. I sat up and jumped off the bed, but fell on the floor because the bed was taller than I thought. It didn't hurt too much though. The bedroom door then opened, and somebody walked towards me,
"Oh dear, what happened here?" Damys voice asked and he held out a hand to help me up, which I accepted.
"Thanks," I mumbled sheepishly.
"Let's go get you some breakfast," he offered and led me downstairs.
"Morning Bella," Steffy greeted me
"Hi steffy," I replied and he chuckled
"Steffy?" he asked.
"T-that's your name isn't it?" I asked nervously.
"Well, it's Stefan, but you can call me Steffy if you want,"
"Don't worry Bella, I've called him lots of names too, Saint Stefan, Serious Stefan, Stefanie..." Damy said making me laugh a bit.
"Oh, by the way brother, you're not the only one with a nickname, I'm Damy," Damy said. I was confused on what he meant so I just kept quiet.
"So, what do you want for breakfast? Bacon? Sausages? Egg? Or, if I do say so myself I make delicious pancakes," Damy said to me and I giggled.
"So, what will it be?" he asked me smiling.
"Are you sure you want to feed me?" I asked him.
"Yes, I want to feed you. You need to fatten up a bit," Damy nodded. He seemed nice, so far... I just hoped it would last.. I kind of doubt somebody would be nice to me though.
I was a bit unsure about eating at first, but Damy and Steffy insisted, and Damy wasn't lying, his pancakes were really yummy. A while later after I finished my pancakes, the front door swung open, startling me.
"Damon, Stefan?! Whats the big emergency that you called me here?! And why on earth did you ask me to bring one random little girl outfit?!" A girl with bouncy blonde hair yelled out.
"Ah Caroline, I was wondering when you would arrive," Damy said.
"Well?" she asked impatiently.
"Meet Bella," Damy introduced me.
Caroline looked at me really confused,
"W-who's this?" she asked.
Damy rolled his eyes,
"You really are blonde sometimes, I just told you, it's Bella," he replied.
"Damon found her alone in the woods," Steffy piped in.
I hid behind Damy nervously, scared
of the new person.
Caroline didn't say anything, she just kept staring at me.
"So... we thought you would be the type of person that could help out.." Steffy said slowly.
She remained silent for a moment, then a big smile spread across her face,
"Wow! Okay! Yeah, Sure! What do you need me to do? I love kids, they're adorable!" She squealed happily.
"Erm, maybe you could help her shower or something, and she kind of needs new clothes, so you could take her shopping," Steffy said.
"By the way, make sure they're small clothes, she's the smallest, daintiest kid I've ever seen," damon said.
"Okay!" she replied but I didn't budge, I didn't want to go with her.
"Caroline won't hurt you don't worry," Damy told me crouching down to my height.
"Come on, follow me, you can trust me," Caroline told me gently. I was still really scared, but I figured that the best thing to do would to just do what they said, I didn't want to anger them.

Damons P.O.V

I don't actually know whats wrong with me, I never care about anything, but here I am looking after a five year old girl and worrying about her. To be honest I do care for her, I want to look after her after seeing what she's been through, all the bruises and everything on her wrist, it makes me sick how somebody could do that to a poor, helpless little child. I have hurt lots of people in my life, killed lots of people but never have I hurt a kid! She is adorable, but she still doesn't trust us which is quite sad, and she's so shy. She thinks we're going to hurt her, she keeps begging me and Stefan not to hurt her, and no matter how many times we try and tell her we won't hurt her she still won't trust us, the poor kid must have been through so much. Whilst she was sleeping, I heard her screaming in the night. And she kept repeating "no please" "don't hurt me" over and over again. It broke my heart... what am I saying? I don't have a heart... I can't believe I am even thinking like this, I'm normally a heartless monster, but I guess it's just different when it comes to kids, harming kids, seriously, how low can you go?
"So, what are we going to do with Bella?" Stefan asked, breaking me out of my train of thoughts.
"What do you mean?" I raised my eyebrow.
"Is she going to stay with us? She's been through alot," he answered.
"Well, yes I would think so seeing as she doesn't have anywhere else to go, and I know that brother, I have seen her wrists," I responded.
"Okay.." stefan said and sat down on the armchair.

A short while later Bella and Caroline came downstairs and Bella was wearing a little navy dress with a floral pattern on it, with a denim jacket so nobody could see her wrists, it was better than her grey rag dress I first found her in.
"Doesn't she look adorable!" Caroline squealed.

Bella's P.O.V

The Caroline girl was nice, she had bought me a dress for me to wear, a dark blue dress with flowers on it, a denim jacket and white slip on shoes.
I felt like a princess, I had never wore beautiful clothes before.
"We're going to get lots more pretty clothes when I take you shopping," she told me and I smiled slightly at her.
I still felt really nervous around these people, I have never been treated like this before, and I don't trust them, I keep thinking they're going to just snap any minute or something.

"Bye Bella, have fun," Steffy told me.
"See you soon," Damy added, and then I left with Caroline.
We went in a car! I had never been in a car before! I normally have to walk everywhere! Alone!
I sat in the back though, because she said kids aren't aloud to sit in the front.
So we drove for ages and ages, music playing and Caroline often sung along to it. Eventually the car did come to a stop, and we were outside a HUGE place.
"Let's go shopping!" Caroline squealed excitedly getting out of the car.

*time skip*

I had an amazing time at the mall (what the huge place was called) with Caroline, she bought me so many clothes and bought me lunch at a place called McDonalds, it was really yummy!
"So did you have fun today?" Caroline asked.
"Yeah! It was amazing thank you Caroline!" I grinned.
"No problem," she replied pulling up to Damy and Steffy's big house.
We both entered the house,
"We're back!" Caroline called and then Damy and Steffy appeared,
"Hey Damy, hey Steffy," I grinned and then I heard Caroline laugh at something, I don't know what though.
"Hey Bella, did you have fun?" Damy asked.
"Yes! Caroline bought me lots of clothes and then we had lunch at McDonalds!" I squealed.
Damy chuckled,
"You certainly seen happier,"
I smiled sheepishly,
"Thanks Caroline, you seem to have cheered her up," Steffy said.
"Yeah thank you," I smiled.
"No problem, got to run now, bye!" she waved.
"Bye!" we replied.
Caroline opened the door, only to find somebody else there. She was a pretty girl with long, brown, straight hair and brown eyes.
"Elena," Steffy said smiling.
"Stefan, who's this?" she asked, ignoring Steffy's greeting and pointing at me.