Reunion

Chihiro wondered where Lin and Haku were. The bathhouse was a pretty big place, and it was crowded with customers at the moment. Chihiro decided to go see Kamajii first, since she knew where to find him. Where else do you find the boiler man other than the boiler room? She began backing her way downstairs. It was strange. Somehow, after 12 years, she still knew her way around the bathhouse as if she had just been here yesterday.

'Well, it is a magic place.' She thought.

And very much unchanged. Everything was exactly the way it was the last time she had been here; minus the damage No-Face caused of course. She wondered what Yubaba did with all the money she got.

The boiler room was the same as well. The shelves were still surrounding the walls, the furnace was still burning brightly with the coal being delivered by enchanted soot, and a strange spider like man sat in the middle of the room working furiously.

"Hi, Kamajii." Chihiro called happily.

Kamajii turned to her and blinked in confusion. "Eh? Who are you? And what are you doing in my boiler room?"

Chihiro made a fake sad face. "Oh Kamajii, don't tell me you don't remember your own granddaughter." She teased.

Kamajii looked at her as if she were crazy. "Granddaughter?" he repeated. "What are you talking about? I have no granddaughter."

Chihiro crossed her arms and cut her eyes at the spirit. "Really? That's not what you said 12 years ago."

"What are you talk... Oh wait, I remember something like that now..." the boiler man said, thinking hard. "Yes, a human girl wondered in here looking for work. I just said she was my granddaughter so she wouldn't get in trouble. But, how would you know that?"

Chihiro shook her head. "Kamajii, I was that girl." She cried.

"What?" Kamajii stopped working and approached her. He took off his glasses and looked her up and down. "Good gracious! It is you! Chihiro right? Or Sen?"

Chihiro smiled and nodded. "Both. But I would prefer Chihiro."

All six of Kamajii's hands grabbed Chihiro's and shook it. "Welcome back, welcome back! So good to see you again! How did you get back?"

"Same way I got in last time."

"Ah, I see." Said Kamajii. "That darn spirit gate, you never know when it's going to open." He took a moment to really look at her. "My word, you have grown into a fine young lady."

Chihiro smiled. "Thanks. I wish I could return the compliment, but you look exactly as I remember."

Kamajii laughed. "Yes, well, that's one benefit from being a spirit; once you completely grow up you can choose you age."

"Well us humans don't have that advantage. Several people didn't even recognize me."

"Well, like I said, you've become quite a fine young lady." Said Kamajii smiling. "Haku and Lin are sure going to be happy to see you again. Have you seen them yet?"

Chihiro shook her head. "Not yet. Do you know where they are?"

Kamajii thought about it a moment. "Well Lin is somewhere in the bathhouse." He replied. "I'm not sure about Haku though. He's either here or at his river."

Chihiro felt slightly annoyed by this. If Haku was at his river so much, why did he never answer her? The odds of him always being at the bathhouse every single time she visited his river over the past 12 years were very slim.

"How are they?" she asked, referring more to Haku than Lin.

"Well, they both miss you." said Kamajii. "Haku especially. He just hasn't been himself since you left."