Let's Play

"Finally!" Chihiro cried, as No-Face set her down. "My arms are asleep."

She shook her arms, trying to get the feeling back into them. She was greeted by the feeling of pins and needles in her arms. She made a mental note to have No-Face carrier her in a different position that would cut off her blood circulation the next time they needed to fly.

And speaking of No-Face, he slowly reverted back to his non-flying self as he spat up Yu-bird. Just as Chihiro predicted, Yu-bird was very upset about being swallowed and she proceeded to scratch at No-Face with her talons.

"That's enough, you two." Zeniba scolded them. Yu-bird screeched angrily. "I know it was unpleasant, but it did save us the time of going around the forest." Yu-bird screeched again. "You watch your language! I won't have that kind of-"

"Stop it, you guys!" Chihiro cried. "This is getting us nowhere. Who knows how long we still have to go. We need to find Lord Okaia, and I still need to figure out what this spell is for."

Zeniba seemed surprised by this. "Spell? What spell?"

Chihiro just then realized that she had not yet told the others of the spell that Lord Okaia had provided her in her sleep.

"This one." She said, holding out her hand.

Zeniba popped out of the paper 'bird' and took Chihiro's hand in hers. "Hmm, this is a fire spell. When did he give this to you?"

"While I was asleep on the train. He came to me in my dreams."

Zeniba ran her finger over the red mark. "Why didn't you tell me earlier?"

Chihiro rolled her eyes. "It kind of slipped my mind when we jumped off the train."

Zeniba continued studying the mark. "I wonder why he gave this to you. He may have foreseen an event in which you would need it."

Chihiro had figured out that much on her own since Lord Okaia had told her to use it on joy, whatever that meant. "He told me that I could only use it once and that I should use it on joy."

Zeniba raised an eyebrow. "On joy? How strange."

Chihiro nodded in agreement. "What does that mean? And why does he keep talking in riddles?"

Zeniba shrugged. "Lord Okaia is a wise and powerful being. I won't pretend to know that I know what goes on in such a being's mind, but he must be doing this for the best. I just hope it all works out."

(-)-(-)-(-)-(-)-(-)-(-)-(-)-(-)-(-)-(-)-(-)-(-)

This was it. This was the train. Her scent was all over it. She had been here. How long ago, Haku wasn't sure, but she had definitely been on this train. She wasn't any longer, but at least he knew that he didn't need to check any more trains.

Haku approached one of the train's workers. They would definitely remember a human being on board; they didn't exactly get those kind of passengers everyday.

"Excuse me, but there was a human on this train earlier." He said. "I'm not sure how long ago, but she was on board this train. Can you tell me which station she got off at?"

The train employee shook his head. "I'm sorry, but she did not get off at a station."

"What do you mean?"

The spirit nodded to the doors. "She jumped. A faceless monster picked her up and the two jumped off. Something about following a golden seal."

Haku's eyes widened. "She jumped? What was she thinking? That's dangerous for humans." He sighed and put his hand to his head. "Ok, can you tell me when this was?"