Afraid to Love

Chihiro stormed angrily through the bathhouse. Even though she was only a human and had no powers whatsoever, several spirits were terrified at seeing her so angry. She actually scared away several customers. Yubaba wouldn't be happy about losing business, but Chihiro was too angry to care.

'Oh, that Haku!' she thought angrily. 'I can't believe he did this. And Lin and Kamajii were in on it too. Some friends they are.' As she continued her angry rampage, her anger slowly began to turn to despair. 'Oh, and here I was actually thinking that there could be something between me and Haku. I was such a fool. I don't know what I was thinking. He's a spirit and I'm a human, it would never work. I was so stupid. He will never love me the way I love him. I wonder if he even cares that much about me. And that goes for Lin and Kamajii too. I can't believe they were planning to send me away. How long have they been lying to me?'

This was really depressing. She needed someone to talk to. The three she would normally go to were out of the question, since they were the ones that upset her. Yubaba would do no good. She would probably just assure her that as long as she still had Chihiro's contract that she was going to stay in the bathhouse. That lifted Chihiro's spirits a bit, knowing that unless Yubaba tore up her contract that she wasn't allowed to leave. She obviously didn't know about Haku, Lin, and Kamajii's plan to send her back to the human world either or else she would surely have put a stop to it, not wanting to lose her 'best employee' again. Still, that didn't help the feeling of being betrayed. She wondered who else was in on this little plan of theirs.

Chihiro stopped suddenly as she realized something. Bôh, he had been upset about something for a while now. Did he know? Was he in on it too? She needed to find out. Right now she was feeling a little short on friends and needed to be with someone who wanted her around.

She headed for Yubaba's office, not even bothering to knock, much to the doorknocker's irritation. Yubaba looked up as Chihiro burst in her office.

"Haku already said you two were back." Yubaba remarked, turning back to her paper work. "I hope you enjoyed your break, because we're really busy today."

"I need to see Bôh." Said Chihiro.

Yubaba raised an eyebrow. "What for?"

"It's personal."

Yubaba's eyes narrowed. "You just had a vacation, and now you want a break? Nice try, girl, but we've got customers."

Chihiro became irritated. What had started out as a great day had quickly become a terrible one, and she didn't need it to get any worse.

"Hey, Bôh!" Chihiro shouted, making the three green heads jump. "Your mom won't let me come see you!"

The reaction was predictable and immediate. "Mama, let Chihiro come in!"

Yubaba glared at Chihiro. "Sweetie, Chihiro has work to do. She just had a fun weekend away and has to do her job now." She said sweetly.

"Mama, if you don't let Chihiro come in, I'll start crying."

Yubaba growled in frustration. She may deny Chihiro what she wanted, but she would never deny her precious baby boy, which normally worked in Chihiro's favor.

"Ok." The old witch groaned. "But make it quick, snookums. We're very busy today."

Chihiro smirked and entered Bôh's room. The giant baby was nowhere to be seen. A giant hand suddenly popped out from under a pile of pillows and stuffed animals, grabbed Chihiro, and pulled her in.

"Yay, you're back!" Bôh cheered. "I missed you!"

Chihiro was having trouble breathing as Bôh hugged her tightly. "Bôh, I was only gone for 2 days."