The Angry Spirit

Zeniba was getting nervous. And the farther they walked, the more nervous she got, but now she was really feeling anxious. Forest spirits were very powerful, and if the lake spirit was right and Yuteela did hold a grudge against humans, then this could be a real problem.

Not being a bonded spirit, Zeniba didn't know the pain of losing one's land. She could imagine what it was like, but she could never know the feeling. She figured Yuteela would be upset and angry, but nothing could have prepared her for the amount of rage she felt originating from within Yuteela's domain. It was frightening. So much anger, all directed at the human's who dared to destroy her forest.

"Chihiro, we should be careful." She warned. "We're getting close."

Chihiro looked around. Everything still looked the same; just a bunch of rocky terrain. "How can you tell?"

"I can sense Yuteela's anger." The witch explained. "Her aura is consumed with rage. When the lake spirit said Yuteela was angry, I had no idea it would be this intense."

No-Face growled as the effects of the angry forest spirit mixed with his emotions. Being the type of monster that he was, his behavior was a result of those around him; thus being the reason for his aggressiveness in the bathhouse 12 years ago.

"I don't sense anything." Chihiro muttered, immediately feeling foolish for saying something so stupid. Of course she couldn't sense anything; she was human.

"The air is thick with rage." Zeniba replied. "She's close. And to say that she is angry is an understatement."

Chihiro gulped. "Where is she?"

Zeniba shrugged. "Beats me."

Chihiro groaned. "Yu-bird, do you think you could fly around a bit and see if you can see anything." She didn't think Yuteela would harm a fellow spirit.

Yu-bird nodded and took off. Unknowingly to any of them, the moment she took flight a dark figure slid further into the shadows. It had been watching them for a while now, wondering what they were doing here. It didn't mind the spirits being here, but the human was another story. What was a human doing here? How dare they come to this world, and how dare other spirits associate with it!

The spirit's knuckles cracked as they made a fist in their anger. Slowly they crept closer. The witch already suspected them, and the faceless monster was feeling the impact of their emotions. But the human was clueless, that was good. They knew personally how destructive humans could be. Their eyes narrowed as unhealed wounds opened up from memories of the past. They still remembered it as if it were yesterday. The humans mercilessly cutting down the trees, the animals running for cover as their homes were destroyed, the environment changing from its beautiful greenery, to a place fit for the benefit of humans.

A low growl escaped their throat as they thought about these things. The humans had caused them so much pain, and now they were here. They couldn't just leave them in peace; they had to come to this world too. The greedy creatures! The humans will not take this world too!

Yu-bird continued to circle overhead as the others followed down on the ground. None of them were aware of the angry spirit following them, but they did sense the emotions of rage getting closer and closer.

Finally Zeniba held up a hand to stop them. She whistled for Yu-bird to join them on the ground. Chihiro cocked her head to the side. "What's wrong, Granny?"

Zeniba's eyes searched around the shadows, looking for the angry spirit. "She's here."

Upon realizing what the witch was talking about, Chihiro immediately jumped behind No-Face, clinging to his little arm. "Where?"