Dane

Morning came much too early for my liking. 

Having Delphine in my bed was more than I thought it would be. I had the best night of sleep ever. If I had known it would have been this good, I would have claimed Delphine as soon as I was allowed to.

I didn't lie to her when I said that I waited to claim her for her. Even though I'm sure she believed it was just that I wanted to sleep around. That was nice and all, but I really Delphine the whole fucking time.

Delphine is covered up, looking like an angel. Part of me doesn't want to get out of bed, but I have things to prepare for.

Just as I'm about to get out of the bed, Delphine turns over. Her red hair has come out of the bun she wore last night. Her hair covers her face, and I gently push it behind her ear. I may not have grown up with romance, but I can try it. For Delphine. I know she hates me, but the more time she spends with me, the more she will warm up to me.

Leaning over, I place a kiss to the top of her head. Her brow furrows for a few seconds before it evens out and she looks peaceful again.

I stare at her for a few more seconds. Seeing her so at peace needs to be embedded in my mind before this afternoon. Everything will change once she gets to the town square later.

After a quick shower, I head down to the kitchen and eat some hardboiled eggs. My chef knows I like to have at four on a paper plate with salad dressing on the side for breakfast every morning. He also knows that I don't like when my crew disappoints me, so when I tell him that he needs to make sure that Delphine eats at ten, I know he will do it. He is to make her whatever she wants.

Taking Joshua to the side, I tell him to have Delphine by my side by eleven thirty if I'm not back by eleven. I know today is going to be hard for him, but I need him to suck it up and do what I'm asking of him. Once he gives me his okay, I grab my phone, keys, and wallet. It's time to find Victor and head to town to get shit together.

I'm not sure if Joshua knows about his parents getting caned today or not, and I honestly don't care. He knows what happens when you break the laws, and he's been a dutiful follower. I am sure that he's going to ask for the next couple of days off because his parents are going to need help after the caning. Sammy will probably help too, but I'm not close to Sammy, so I don't know for sure.

Sammy and I have hated each other since middle school. Once I voiced my interest in Delphine, he lost it. I can't tell you how many times he told me that she deserved better. Maybe she did, but what she ended up with was me. It's not my fault that he didn't man up when he needed to.

Once Victor and I are in the car, I turn to him. "You are doing the caning today."

"Isn't that Joshua's job?"

"Not today." My eyes swing to the house. "You've slept with before, right? Like before you claimed her?"

Victor heaves a deep sigh before grinding his teeth. "Yes. I'm not looking forward to watching those other men fuck her."

"Are you upset that you claimed her?" Technically I made him, so he can be upset if he wants. He can even call me an asshole and blame me for the rest of his life if he wants.

"No." His tone tells me that he's being truthful, he just sounds a bit annoyed about it all. "She's fucking gorgeous. I just don't want to watch the others."

My hand lands on his shoulder. "You get to fuck her last. To show everyone that she is now yours. Just make it known that she is indeed yours and no one elses. Go hard." Taking my hand back, I check my phone. "Did she tell you who the other four are?"