Dane

I was dressed and waiting outside the room that Delphine and I would make our union permanent. When I said to hurry, did Delphine think that I meant to take your fucking time? Victor should have been rushing her through the store. If anyone knew how much I wanted this, it was Victor.

We didn't gossip like girls, but he was the only one who knew everything about my life. My thoughts, my feelings, the real reason I disowned my parents.

A hand lands on my shoulder, making me turn to face them. Victor stands there beaming at me. She's getting dressed." I guess my comment about her outfit upset her. Honestly, I didn't mean anything by it. I was just going for some playful banter. I missed the mark. "I told her that you didn't care what she wore."

"Then why is she changing?"

His smile drops. "Dane, she actually cried." Why would she cry? She had to have known that this day was coming. She knew that she was going to be claimed by someone. "Delphine told me that nothing was good enough for her to wear. She wanted a white dress, to look like a bride on her wedding day, but they didn't have any." Victor's smile returns. "I found her something that I think will make you both happy."

Looking around, I say, "All I want is her to be my-" I stop in the middle of my sentence when I see Delphine walking towards us. Something takes me over, forcing me to march over to her, wrap my arms around her, and kiss her. It takes a second, but she relaxes and lets me in. 

It's a welcome surprise.

Before I get carried away, I break our kiss. My wants have to wait until later. "You look gorgeous." My dick agrees with me, as it's pushing against my suit pants, and I'm sure that Delphine can tell because she looks absolutely horrified. "Your mom and dad are waiting inside with your brothers." She nods and bites her lip. "Are you ready?"

Delphine takes a deep breath. "As ready as I will ever be."

That is good enough for me. I take her hand in mine and march us to the door of the room I had just been standing in front of. I stop abruptly because Delphine stopped mid-march. "What's wrong, Delphine?"

Her eyes are wet. "I saw the way those people looked at me. They believe Anna. Maybe you should just do it and let everyone witness."

"Delphine, all that matters is what I think and know. Let them-"

"No." Her tears cascade down her beautiful face. "You are the leader." She's crying so hard that she's having a hard time breathing. I can barely understand her as she says, "They expect you to be fair. Not play favorites. But when you do it, can you make sure my parents are in the back?"

I pull her close to me, wrapping my arms around her. "Trust me when I say there will be no need for that." Delphine relaxes into me. "All you need to do is relax and say 'I Do' when prompted. I've taken care of everything else." Delphine pulls away nodding. "I'm going to protect you, Dolphin. That is my responsibility as your husband."

A small smile plays on her lips, but it vanishes just as quickly as it showed up. It was so fast that it could have been my imagination.

Again, I lead the way. Delphine's mother cries when she sees Delphine enter. Her father tears up, and her brothers beam at us. Asher and I had a talk. Not about my relationship with Delphine, but about him coming to work for me. I agreed to allow him on. Delphine didn't know yet, but she would soon.

Her parents take her aside for a few moments before handing her back over to me. Her father, Joey, looks me dead in the eyes and says, "Treat her right, Dane. She's my only daughter. My little girl."

My hand finds his, and I shake it firmly. "Delphine is in good hands, Mr. Parker."

"Joey."

Not that I need his approval, but it is nice that he is giving it. We will be family as soon as Delphine says the two words I am dying to hear fall from her lips. Hopefully, her family won't be anything like mine. There was a reason that I disowned my family and nobody but Victor knew why. The rumors weren't even close to the truth, but I let everyone think what they wanted.