Chapter 3

It was a week before finals week. The written exam was on everyone's mind as everyone did their own studying. Well most people like Iida and Yaoyoruzu. Others like Mina and Kaminari....well they were exactly paying attention.

Aizawa just taught his class like normal only with the addition of a pair at the very back of the room. He glanced up at Tsubasa to see the Nomu perched on a little green beanbag chair sitting on top of a small black carpet. Tsubasa looked up from the small desk in front of them to wave at the teacher. Aizawa sighed before going back to the board to write down more notes for everyone to take down. Glancing back, he saw Tsubasa taking notes. Or at least he guessed he was writing notes, if he wasn't then he was just doodling in his notebook.

He had no idea what to do with Tsubasa until he met with Nezu the other day.

*

Nezu smiled, "The winged nomu's DNA had been confirmed to be from a boy named Tsubasa who went missing at a young age. At this time, he should be the same age of the rest of your students, so that means he is under your care for now. Treat him as any other student."

"So, technically, I can give him the exam as well?" Aizawa asked with his tired eyes scanning the principal's smiling face.

"It depends on you. It is your class after all, but I won't allow you to expel Tsubasa. He is a child that went through a lot of troubling experimenting to turn him into the creature you see now. You couldn't imagine what pain it must have been for him," Nezu explained quietly, scratching at his paw to stop him from remembering his own past. He felt for the young child since they went through cruel experiments that turned them into what they were now. "You don't have to treat them as a hero student, you could just treat them as a teaching assistant for now. Or just a bodyguard for your class, he seems to already be protective over two of your students."

"Does the DNA also say something about how many quirks he was made to have? I need to know in order to better acquaint myself with what Tsubasa might be holding."

"Yes. The DNA also showed signs of a healing quirk and regeneration quirk along with his wings. The two other quirks seemed to be from two other men who went missing around the same time as Tsubasa," Nezu answered back, handing him the file that Tsukauchi had put together.

Aizawa looked down at his class roster before sighing at the sight of it. He would have to think about this hard.

*

And so, here he was now. He decided to treat him as any other student to a certain limit. Tsubasa still seemed to have the educational capacity of a young elementary school student which caused Aizawa's heart to clench at the thought.

Aizawa groaned to himself as he watched Izuku turn around to wave at Tsubasa during class which caused them to straighten up happily. Aizawa knew that Izuku and Bakugo had pitched in to set Tsubasa up with a comfortable seat in the back since their large body couldn't really sit in the normal seats they had extra.

Aizawa looked back to the other 18 students and wondered how they felt about the new sudden student.

*

Todoroki was walking down the hall after lunch after finishing his lunch early. He just wanted to use the bathroom, but the large bruise at his side from earlier training was causing him to slightly wince. Without looking, he stumbled right into Tsubasa who seemed to be making his way to grab another plate for lunch.

"Pardon me," Todoroki said automatically after running into the tall Nomu in front of him. Tsubasa tilted their head before eyeing the side of his body that the bruise was. "It's fine. I'm just heading to the restroom."

Tsubasa seemed to let out a squawk before reaching out to touch his side. Before Todoroki could stop him, Tsubasa had laid his large hand at Todoroki's bruised side. Todoroki was waiting for the pain from the pressure of Tsubasa's hand only to feel the bruising almost seem to fade. Todoroki furrowed his rows at the sensation of the residual dull ache soften until there was nothing left. Tsubasa retracted his hand and allowed the student to touch their side.

Todroki's eyes widened at the absent feeling of the bruise. He looked up to Tsubasa and said, "Thank you."

Tsubasa nodded his head quickly before running off to the salad bar in the cafeteria to grab more fruit. Todoroki glanced over to see Tsubasa completely raiding the grapes from the fruit bar before making his way to the bathroom.

Once inside the bathroom, Todoroki raised his shirt to show off the pale skin with no sight of a bruise. "What the hell just happened?"

*

The next day, Tsubasa had come inside the classroom with a face mask and a pair of tinted glasses. When asked, Izuku had replied, "So others won't be as afraid of him."

Shoji had actually donated one of his old masks to give to Tsubasa, the fabric hanging down below his chin.

Kaminari piped up, "Hey, Bakugo, you two are acting like co parents to Tsubasa."

"Shut up, Pikachu," Bakugo grumbled back. Hey, he found his lost friend who turned into a Nomu of all things. Of course he would be protective over them.

"That does sound like a good comparison," Izuku responded back with a finger to his chin as he thought about it. "Because if anyone tried to hurt him they would have to go through me. And I'm not fucking joking about it."

"What the heck, dude?" Kirishima asked. He didn't like the darker tone to Izuku's innocent voice. Izuku just cursed?! What was going on?

Iida shared the same sentiment as he slowly looked over to Izuku like he was in slow motion.

Izuku raised a brow, "What? I already break my bones enough to know how to easily break the bones of others. So anyone who dares to hurt Tsubasa in any way will have to face me. And I have basically information through analysis about nearly everyone by now, so they would be facing me while I know all of their weaknesses."

"What about you, Bakubro?" Kaminari whispered to his friend, worried about doing anything to cause Tsubasa to be sad or anything like that just from Izuku's threat. How serious would Bakugo's threat be?

"If anyone even tries something, I will fucking hurt them. I'll blow their ass sky high with my explosions before blowing them apart into pieces. Then throw them all in the garbage and then set it on fire." Bakugo replied back with a serious tone. Sero gulped at the sound of a promise behind his words, they both weren't joking around.

"Here you go. I packed some grapes, a few sandwiches, and a thermos filled with orange juice. I also have a few more snacks in there when you get too hungry." Izuku said, handing over a small lunch bag to Tsubasa almost like a mother would to their child who was starting their first day of elementary school.

Mineta mumbled to himself, "I can't believe I have to sit so close to a monster."

Izuku's head turned straight to him causing Mineta to choke on his words. Mineta started to sweat as Izuku came closer to him with a smile plastered onto his face.

"Mineta."

"Yes?" Mineta looked at Izuku's smiling face.

"Do you know Tsubasa's favorite snack?"

"No?"

"It's grapes. So watch your back, pervy gremlin. And if I hear another word out of your mouth, I will stick Kacchan on you. And trust me when I say that I went easy on you this one time." Izuku smiled, clapping his hand on Mineta's back before returning to his own seat.

Mineta looked back to see Tsubasa"s eyes trained on him, or more precisely his head where his sticky balls were.

Maybe it is a good idea to drop out of the hero class before anything happens to him.