Training Camp

The training camp was not anything like Izuku expected since Tsubasa was allowed to come with them. Tsubasa followed after the bus throughout the whole ride, screeching a bit when they took turns out of nowhere. At one point, he rested on the top of the bus roof and climbed on with his claws.

And then the bus stopped and all of them were forced to go down the mountain. Tsubasa. They had to face land giants with Tsubasa flying overhead above them.

And then a little boy kicked him in the nuts as a greeting as soon as he got to the actual camp.

But the little boy quickly apologized when Tsubasa came crashing down to the ground to protect Izuku from another kick. That's when the boy, called Kota, ran back into the building without saying anything else.

Either way the first day of training was not what he was expecting with the whole mountain training, the awesome buffer dinner and the hot spring baths.

And Tsubasa enjoyed the baths all by themself when everyone else had their turn in the hot water. Izuku watched as the winged creature went under the water with a satisfied growl. And he laughed when Tsubasa flapped their wings, making the water splash like they were in an overgrown bird bath.

At night, Tsubasa watched over their sleeping forms which made Izuku scoot closer to their body as they stood guard over the students.

But the second day was even more eventful with all of them getting training except for a couple classmates who had to take extra classes. The second day was more harsher than the first with everyone tiring out after a hard day of training that ended with all of them having to make their own dinner. But Tsubasa helped with fanning the flames with his wings to keep them burning. Izuku even gave him a bundle of melted marshmallows that were slightly burnt to him as a treat.

*

"Does anyone else find the winged...Nomu creepy?" One of the Class 1-B students asked the other who was watching the Nomu crawl on the outskirts of the dining area like they were patrolling.

"You mean Tsubasa? Oh, he's nice," Shinso piped in, making the two Class 1-B students jump. You just have to get over his weird mouth breathing. After that, he's cool."

Three Wild Wild Pussycats watched over the interaction with curious eyes. "You know, when I heard that someone new was coming on the trip. I thought it was a new teacher like All Might. I didn't know it was going to be... I forgot their name."

"It's Tsubasa, I believe."

"That's rad," Pixie Bob added. "He really went heavy handed on the creatures in the forest the other day when the students were fighting."

Ragdoll commented, "Yeah, and he was super protective even during the training today."

"You noticed that too, huh?" Mandalay said as she noticed the other half of her team going up against Midoriya to test his strength and speed in combat.

"Maybe Aizawa brought them along for extra help because of the villain attacks," Pixie Bob commented. "Last I heard, Tsubasa was there at the mall incident with Shigaraki."

"Well, at least we know that the villains will never find this place," Ragdoll said with ease while her signature smile grew wider. Her teammates returned her smile before turning back to watch over the students.

*

Ragdoll was very very very wrong.

She knew she was wrong when the night forest training game had begun. She noticed it when she was cornered by a villain with long bendable teeth coming at her.

All she could think about was where she could run to so she could hide out. Or where the students could be since she wasn't that far away from where the students were supposed to be playing.

But then a screech came from above her as the man's stretched teeth were grabbed by large claws. The man yelped as it was dragged into the air. She watched as the creature threw the man further into the woods towards the mountains. She pretended not to hear the thump as the creature swooped down and grabbed her.

Ragdoll yelled as she soared through the air in the grip of the creature. Surprisingly, the winged Nomu flew her directly to the building where the remedial classes were only to see Aizawa fighting against a man with blue flames.

The winged Nomu screeched again, drawing the attention of both Aizawa and the new villain. Ragdoll was dropped into the bushes as Tsubasa launched themselves as the villain with a scream. The villain tried to defend himself with flames only to be swiped at with the long claws of the winged Nomu.

She watched as each swipe of claws injured the body of the villain until the grin on their face turned deranged. The villain suddenly melted into mud with the grin on their face.

"Aizawa?"

"I have no idea," Aizawa seemed to read her mind. He reached down to pull her up to her feet. He glared at the pile of mud, "But what's important now is to protect the students. Villains are attacking and we need to get the remaining students to somewhere safe."

"And what do we do about—?"

Before Ragdoll could continue, Tsubasa launched into the air again, jerking their head towards the mountains like they were on a mission. Ragdoll whipped their head to Aizawa with a confused expression only to see the same deadpan expression on Aizawa's face.

"It's better not to question it," Aizawa said. "They just go where they want most of the time now. They won't listen to anyone even more so compared to how they were before."