Four

Knock knock. I heard a soft shuffle coming from inside the room. I looked down the hallway to an old couple coming back from breakfast, holding hands as they walked past me. I gave a fake smile and raised my cup of coffee to them as a silent hello. Bang. I hit the door. The echo rang in my hungover head. "Oh my god." He swung the door open. "I was asleep. It's like nine am." I walked straight past him and collapsed onto his bed. "Via?"

"George. I don't fucking understand him."

"Why are you wearing sunglasses inside?"

"George." I groaned.

"What?" I could feel the bed sink as he sat next to me. "Are you hungover? I thought you were going to drink light?" I snapped my head to him, glaring at him over my sunglasses. "What!" He laughed.

I shoved my finger on his lips. "Don't. Yell."

"Why did you come here at nine in the morning?"

"I couldn't sleep." I buried my face into the comforter.

"Did something happen?" His hand landed on my head and started playing with my hair but I swatted it away.

I sighed while fixing myself to properly sit on the bed. "I hung out with Dream last night and he went absolutely mad on me... and I guess it was partially my fault. I made a bad joke but he yelled at me and kicked me out when I thought we were bonding. I just don't understand him."

"What did you say?"

"That's not important." I usually told George everything, but the conversation I had with Dream felt like something that I needed to keep to myself. "I brought you up and he got mad. Actually, every time he gets mad at me you're around."

He cocked his head at me. "You two don't talk unless I'm there."

"I mean that he gets mad when we're close." I did a dramatic gasp. "I think he's in love with you."

"Oh shut up." He flopped onto his back making the springs scream under him.

"No." I slapped his knee. "I'm being serious, h-."

"You know DNF is a joke." He interrupted me with an annoyed tone. "Now, can we just go get breakfast?"

I decided not to pry anymore. "Fine. All I got was coffee anyways."

We headed down to the lobby and got in the waffle line first. The room had food stations lining two walls and a chef consistently coming in and out of the kitchen to drop off fresh food. There was at least a dozen table filled with other content creators, a few fans, and other random guests. After the old man in front of me moved to sit down, I grabbed the ladle and started to pour my batter into the waffle maker. "You know, it's going to be really awkward when you to live in his house if you two continue to fight." George said from behind me.

I spun around to him in shock. "When I what?" The ladle flew out of my hand, hitting someone right in the stomach.

"What the hell Olivia?" Dream yelled.

"Oh." My hand covered my mouth to hide the building laugh. He was wearing a white hoodie now covered in yellow batter. I turned and grabbed some napkins to try and clean it.

He ripped them from my hand. "Fucking pay attention."

"Sorry. George surprised me." I picked up a paper plate.

"How did I surprise you?" George asked, as clueless as ever.

"You said I'm living at Dream's house." Ding. My waffle was ready.

"Yeah, you are. We talked about it last night."

"No, we didn't." I grabbed my waffle threw it on my plate using my fingers like an idiot. "Ouch." I whispered. It was hot. George started his next to me.