Twelve

As soon as Dream got the door unlocked, Sapnap pushed through to drop his baggage on the floor and hopped on the couch. He practically moaned as he sunk down face first.

"Don't get too happy there buddy." Punz joked as he put down his stuff as well.

"You wanna join?" Sapnap giggled, almost too flustered to finish the question.

I walked in behind Dream to the living room. It had a sectional C-shaped sofa surrounding a glass coffee table, all placed in front of a huge tv. Most of the wall looked out to the now moonlit beach with floor-to-ceiling windows like you'd see in the movies. To my right was a small hallway with more doors which I assumed led to bedrooms, but I only saw three doors.

"So... what's the sleeping plans?" I asked as I dropped my bag on Sapnap's back.

"Ow! That hurt." He sat up rubbing his head despite me never hitting that part of him.

"There are two queen beds and this couch. I was thinking you could get one of the beds, two of us can share the other, and two can sleep on the couch." Dream answered.

"I call sleeping in a bed with Punz!" Sapnap giggled.

"Oh hell no. I know you fucking snore!" Punz yelled back.

"Yeah, he does. It's horrible. I can hear it upstairs every night." Dream wheezed.

"Imagine sleeping in the room next to him." I added.

"Is this just pick on Nick Day or...?" Sapnap whined.

I giggled before picking up my things again. "I'm going to put my things in my room then since I'm special."

"You are the birthday girl." Dream smiled down at me, showing his pretty white teeth. I could feel my face flush pink from just the sight of his dimples. I quickly stepped away to one of the rooms down the hallway before anyone could notice.

I pulled the contents of my bag out to put them on the dresser. We were only going to be staying the night, so I hadn't brought much. My hair and body felt disgusting from the sweat and sand of the day. I grabbed my stuff and found the bathroom to take a not-so-quick shower. I spent the first few minutes cleaning my hair, but then dinner came to mind again.

Dream and I showed up at the car together to find George leaning against it waiting. He was frantically typing on his phone before he realized we were standing in front of him. "Dream! I thought you came ahead of us. I was trying to call you." He spoke.

"Oh, yeah my phone is dead. Sorry."

"So... you two were together?" George asked.

"I was wrong. He was in one of the other rooms and we came here together." I lied, giving him a soft smile as reassurance.

"Oh. Interesting." He pushed off the door to come to stand next to me, picking up my hand. I reactively pulled it from his grip and instinctively looked to Dream. I don't know why I turned to him. Maybe for praise, or for permission, or maybe just a sign that he felt something. All I found was him staring off to somewhere else. "Sorry." George mumbled, holding his own hands. "Punz and Sapnap are already seated at the restaurant. I was thinking we could just walk."

The stroll to the restaurant was awkward. It was really just me and Dream chit-chatting. Dream tried to get George involved but he just gave short answers and walked in silence which eventually killed the vibe. That's how it was at the table too. Punz and Sapnap were babbling like always, but George was doing nothing. Once we got to the hotel, he decided to stay downstairs. He said he "needed fresh air."

When I came back into the living room, George was still not back. The other three boys were sitting on the floor where the coffee table once was. Dream was holding a camera while Sapnap was fiddling with his laptop he connected to the tv.