Chapter 6: The Banshee of Shadow Lake

That same night, Madelyn, Mystery Inc., and Team Gigantica were in the Mystery Machine on their way to Shadow Lake.

"Shadow Lake is a quarter of a mile ahead." The G.P.S informed. "Spoooky."

When getting to Shadow Lake, they headed for the docks.

"We better stick together, gang." says Fred. "That banshee could be anywhere around here."

"Man, no matter how hard I try, I can't forget something like that." Shaggy comments

Tyler pulled out a map to look over it. Then, they got in a boat that was nearby, Fred and Shaggy rowing. Tyler put the map back in his pocket to prevent it from getting wet. When reaching the central island where the tomb was, Scooby poked his head up.

"RAll ashore who's going to shore!" Scooby stated

Tyler pulls the map back out. When they all headed further into the land, they failed to notice the banshee following behind them.

"We should be getting close, gang." Fred comments, looking at Tyler's map. "A quick left and we should find it."

However, when taking that left, Velma shines her flashlight, showing the path was blocked by a bush.

"How about we go over?" Daphne comments

Daphne got a running start and jumped over the bush, flipping on a branch before landing on the other side of the bush, perfectly.

"How did you even-?" Fred starts, navigating through the bush before falling through a hole. "Whoop!"

Everyone winced with each thud that was heard. Soon enough, Diana moved the bushes to the side and Velma shines her flashlight down the hall that Daphne had luckily hopped over.

 Soon enough, Diana moved the bushes to the side and Velma shines her flashlight down the hall that Daphne had luckily hopped over

"Fred, are you okay?" Velma asks

"Yeah!" Fred calls out in response as he stood up, cracking his back a bit with a small pop sound. "I guess we all have our danger prone days."

Daphne snickered.

"Anyways, you guys might wanna come down here." Fred calls out. "There's something you should check out."

When walking down the stairs, there was several monoliths around the room and an odd pattern on the floor. Scooby's nose led to a wall.

"I think Scooby found something." Velma comments. "These monoliths all have the same markings as on this part of the wall Scooby found."

"And there's matching ones on the floor." Fred comments, pushing down the X-like symbol that matched one on a monolith

"This whole section on the floor has spots with each marking that the monoliths have." Tyler comments

One by one, a couple other got pushed, Scooby sitting on the center one.and there was a loud rumbling noise.

"Uh oh......" Fred and Daphne comment