Chapter 9: Operation Saving Madelyn Dinkley

PREVIOUSLY.....

"Stay there! We'll come back with some help!!!" Fred shouts

Fred, Velma, Daphne, Tyler, and Diana ran down the stairs to go back to the main castle to get help.

"That's the best idea i've heard from him, like, all night." Shaggy comments

"Yeah, and my feet are killing me." Braedey comments, sitting down

The gryphon screeched as it appeared and flew in circles over the old tower.

"RThe gryphon!!!" Scooby yelped

"It's back!" Shaggy adds "But, like, Fred told us to stay right here."

"HELP!!!!" Madelyn was heard calling out from the other side of the door. "Can you guys hear me??!?!????"

"Like, she'll probably be okay until help comes, right?" Shaggy asks

"Raggy!! RMadelyn likes you!" Scooby comments

"Yeah!" Braedey adds

Shaggy sighed and comments, "Well, since you put it like that..."

The three walked up to the door, Shaggy taking a look at the lock.

"Man, like, peep that crazy lock!" Shaggy comments. "And us without the key!"

"Now what do we do???" Braedey asks. "This door looks like it's fresh and metal coated with a wood looking paint."

The dragon had noticed the pattern on the door and saw that it had a similar style to that on the staff. Plus, this dragon was something that was protecting the castle even before Sheamus O'Flannery owned it in the 19th century.

"Scooby, look at the door. It's pattern matches the staff." The dragon pointed out, again, Scooby only able to hear what it really was

Scooby looked at the door pattern and noticed the matching pattern on the staff.

"Raggy, look!" Scooby points out

Shaggy took a look and scoffed a little.

"Good work, pal." states Shaggy

Shaggy pushed a button on the staff, which made the top section spring open a little, revealing a small jagged pole and he inserts it in the keyhole, removing the staff and closing it back up.

Braedey opens the door slowly and they stepped in, even the dragon, looking around and narrowly avoiding stone chunks that fell down. That's when Madelyn peeked her head out.

"You okay, Madelyn?" Braedey asks

"Now I am." Madelyn responds. "The gryphon dropped me here in the tower and flew off. I'm hoping he doesn't come back for midnight snacks."

The gryphon then appeared in the doorway, trying to get through but having trouble as Braedey, Shaggy, and Scooby ran over to Madelyn, the dragon growling. However, they then now noticed the gryphon was stuck at the moment.

"Quick, Scooby, pull something out of that bag that can help us get out of here!" Shaggy rders

"ROn it!" Scooby responds, grabbing the bag and beginning to dig through it

Scooby chucked out cards, rings, necklaces, and fake animals. Eventually, he pulled out a string of ribbon that was nearly 70- feet long just as the gryphon got in and made it's way over slowly.

"Hey, we can use this!" Madelyn comments. "We can climb down through he window!"

"Like, I don't know, Mads." Shaggy comments. "It seems kinda flimsy."