Meetings

Haru Yoshioka was so glad that school was over for today. It was just one of those days that seemed to last forever. But now the school day was over and she could relax.

Sitting down in the shade of a tree, Haru closed her eyes, enjoying the feeling of the wind blowing her long brown hair around her face. She breathed in deeply, smelling the fresh cut grass. She loved days like today. They were so peaceful, so relaxing. It's a shame that such a nice day had to be wasted at school.

"I bet they don't have school in the Cat Kingdom." She muttered. "Those cats can do whatever they want. I wish life could be like that here."

"Hmph, then why didn't you just stay in the Cat Kingdom?"

Haru opened her eyes at the sound of the familiar voice. Sitting in the tree she was resting against was a very large, very fat cat. Haru smiled at the cat and sat up.

"Hi, Muta." She said. "Good to see you again."

The cat snorted. "We just saw each other last week."

Haru cut her eyes at the cat. "I'm fine, thank you." she said sarcastically. She was used to her cat friend's grumpy attitude. But this time, something was different about the overweight feline. He had a rather deep scratch across his nose. "Hey Muta, what happened to your face?"

The cat turned away from her. "None of your business."

That could only mean one thing. "You got into a fight with Toto again and he scratched your nose, didn't he?"

For as long as Haru had known both Muta and Toto, a stone crow statue with a soul, the two would constantly annoy each other. It was actually funny to watch. Toto would always insult Muta for being fat, and Muta would always insult Toto for being a bird.

Muta and Toto were members of the Cat Bureau, a group of magical creatures that helped others with their problems. The leader of the group was Baron Humbert von Jikkingen, a mystical cat figurine.

A few years ago, Haru ran into some trouble after save the cat prince, Lune, from being hit by a car. The Cat Kingdom was very grateful and the Cat King had become so fond of Haru that he decided to have her marry his son.

Haru wasn't all that thrilled about having to marry a cat,so she was led by Muta to the Cat Bureau. The Bureau members were happy to help, at least 2 of them were. But then the Cat King's messengers arrived and took Haru to the Cat Kingdom where she was turned into a cat herself. No one would listen to her when she said that she didn't want to get married; they just thought she had wedding jitters.

Luckily, the Bureau members rescued her from the Cat King's clutches. They had nearly escaped when they were cornered. But then Prince Lune arrived. He announced that he had already chosen a bride, Yuki, one of the cats that worked at the palace. Yuki accepted Lune's proposal and the two were to be married.

Haru thought she was in the clear, but the Cat King decided that he would marry Haru himself. With the Cat Bureau members' help, along with Prince Lune's, Haru was able to escape and return to her own world, where she became a human once again. Since then, Haru had a close friendship with the Bureau members and would visit them occasionally. Muta would sometimes visit her, but usually only to get something to eat. He was a glutton. Which them brought back to the reason why Muta now had three scratches on his nose.

"So what if he did?" said Muta stubbornly.

Haru rolled her eyes. "What were you fighting about this time?"

Muta snorted. "He called me fat."

"He always calls you fat."

"I'm not fat!" Muta shouted. "I'm just... big boned..."