Love Lost Again

The three humans and Muta ran as fast as they could towards the Cat Bureau, the feline complaining about having to run the whole way. The moment they arrived, Haru began hammering on Baron's door.

"Baron! Baron! Baron! Open the door!" she cried.

The door burst open and Haru nearly hit Baron in an attempt to keep knocking.

"Miss Haru, what ever is the matter?" the cat figurine asked worriedly.

Haru tried several times to speak, but she was too out of breath. "We... and then... Shizuku found... Cat King... the Baroness... and we were... Louise..."

Baron held up a hand to silence her. "Miss Haru, please, take a breath. I cannot understand what you are saying." Then he noticed Muta and the other two humans. "Miss Shizuku, when did you get back?"

Shizuku took a moment to catch her breath. "Today. But that's not important. Baron, I found Louise!"

Baron stilled, not sure if he heard correctly. This was a dream, it had to be a dream; no matter how much he wished it was real. Any minute now he would wake up and fall into a state of depression for getting his hopes up.

"It's true!" Shizuku cried, "I found her in New York. I bought her from someone that had gotten her from Louise's grandchild; I'm talking about Mr. Nishi's Louise's grandchild."

Baron was silent, praying that this was real. "You really found her? I'm not dreaming?"

Muta, who was still breathing heavily, snorted. "Well it's about to become a nightmare, because we lost her."

Baron's eyes widened. "WHAT?!"

"That's what we've been trying to tell you." Haru said breathlessly. "That stupid Natoru came on behalf of the Ex-Cat King to ask for my hand in marriage again, and he saw Louise. Then he went and blabbed to his highness about her. So then that hairball came and took her away to marry her instead of me. I'm so sorry, Baron. We tried to stop him, but he was too fast."

Baron immediately rushed back inside his house and came back out with his hat, jacket, and cane. "I thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I shall take it from here. Toto!"

The stone statue of the crow came to life. "You called?"

"I need you to take me to the Cat Kingdom at once!" Baron cried.

"The Cat Kingdom?" Toto repeated. "Well if you insist."

Toto flew down and Baron jumped on his back. Just as they were about to take off, Haru stopped them. "Hey wait, what about us?"

Baron looked at them. "Forgive me if I appear ungrateful. I am merely concerned for my fiancée. I shall thank you properly when I return. Let's go, Toto."

"That's not what I meant!" Haru cried. "I mean what are we supposed to do? Just wait patiently for you to return?"

Muta put his paws behind his head. "Sounds good to me."

Haru glared at him. "Baron, I said I was going to return Louise to you, and I intend to do just that."

Baron shook his head. "No, you stay here. You know the dangers of the Cat Kingdom."

Haru put her hands on her hips. "Baron, no offense, but the Ex-Cat King doesn't exactly like you. I have some influence over him, plus a close friendship with the current king and queen. I could help."

"She has a point there, Baron." Toto remarked.

"I don't want to put anyone in danger."

"Baron, I promise not to forget who I am." Haru said.

Whisper of The Catजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें