The Land of the Giant Cats

"Are you sure about this?" Lune asked.

He, along with Baron, Muta, Haru, Shizuku, Seiji, Yuki, and several guards were at the entrance to the forest. Baron had a determine look on his face. "Yes, I will get Louise back. No forest will stand in my way."

"You do remember the dangers I spoke of." Lune reminded him.

"My memory is fine." Baron replied. "I will do whatever it takes, go anywhere I must, and face anything in my way."

Lune nodded. "If you are sure."

Yuki moved forward and grabbed her husband. "Why must you go?"

Lune rested his paw on hers. "It was my father that took Louise. Now I must help get her back."

"But you are the king!" Yuki cried. "The Uncivilized will kill you on sight."

The head guard stepped forward. "That is what we are here for. We will protect his majesty from any harm."

"Yes, thank you." Lune said. He gave his wife a sympathetic look. "This is something I must do. But I promise that I'll come back to you."

Yuki threw her arms around him and licked his cheek. "You better."

Seiji was beginning to feel uncomfortable with the talk of these Uncivilized. He grabbed Shizuku's hand and pulled her close. "Shizuku, I don't want you to go. I think it would be better if you sta-"

"No way!" she interrupted. "I'm not just going to sit around and wait for you to come back. Remember what we told Baron, we have just as much right to see this through as him. Besides," she smiled and him, "you don't think I'm going to I'm going to let you go alone, do you?"

"But-"

"No buts! I'll just follow you if you leave me behind. You know I will."

Haru chuckled. "Don't bother trying to talk her out of it. It won't work."

Muta impatiently cleared his throat. "If we're going, lets go already. I'm not standing around here all day. I've got things to do that don't include-"

"That don't include anything besides eating or sleeping." Haru teased.

"I'll go first." Said Baron, interrupting whatever argument Muta was about to start.

He took a deep breath and stepped into the forest. All the cats gasped as he took his first few steps. After walking about 15 feet and not having anything jump out at him, he turned back to the others.

"I think it's safe for now."

Haru nodded and entered next, followed by Shizuku and Seiji. Lune and the cat guards went in next, and Muta was the last to enter.

"Take care you all!" Yuki called after them. "And be careful!"

(-)-(-)-(-)-(-)-(-)-(-)-(-)-(-)-(-)-(-)

"How much further is it?" Muta asked for the thousandth time.

Haru began grinding her teeth together in frustration as she turned angrily to the large overweight cat. "If you ask that question one more time I'll..."

Muta bent down so he was eyelevel with her. "How. Much. Further. Is. It?"

Haru made an attempt to lunge at the cat, but Shizuku and Seiji held her back.

"Haru, Haru, calm down!" Shizuku cried.

Haru struggled a bit, but eventually calmed down. "Ok, ok, I'm calm. I'm calm."

Cautiously, the couple let their friend go. Haru looked like she was about to attack Muta again, but didn't. Seiji and Shizuku sighed in relief.

"Really though," Muta said, "how much further is it?"