Catnapped Again

Louise paced the room she was currently in, wondering what to do. She did not want to marry the Ex-Cat King. Now she was just trying to think of a way to tell him without breaking his heart. The old cat may be a slob, but he still had feelings.

A knock at the door caused Louise to cease her pacing. She hoped it was the former king so she could clear things up. "Yes, come in."

Her wishes were not granted as Natoru entered the room with his usual goofy grin on his face. "Hello, Miss Louise. How are you?"

Louise curtsied. "I am well, but I have something important to speak to the his majesty about."

Natoru chuckled. "Aw, missing your fiancé? That's so cute."

The Baroness shook her head. "No, that's not it. I actually don't want to get married."

Natoru chuckled again. "Getting a little nervous?"

"No, I just-"

"It's ok. You should have seen how nervous Queen Yuki was on her wedding day. She actually tried to climb out the window to get away."

"But I'm not nervous." Louise insisted. "I actually don't want to get married."

Natoru rested a comforting paw on her shoulder. "Don't worry, you'll get over the anxiety. Soon you'll be married and be living the royal life."

Louise brushed his paw off. "Please, I just want to leave."

"Oh." Natoru gave her a sly look. "I get it. You can't wait for the honeymoon."

"No!" Louise cried, disgusted by the idea of that overgrown hairball and her together. "You don't understand! I'm actually engaged to Baron Humbert von Jikkingen."

A look of sympathy came over the ginger cat's face. "Oh, now I understand. You feel guilty for having to break off your engagement to Baron."

Louise groaned in frustration. Was this cat always so dimwitted? "I don't want to break it off. I love him."

"Ah, a love triangle." Natoru nodded. "Yeah, those are difficult. But I'm sure Baron understands why you picked his majesty."

Louise sighed, shaking her head. "Please, I just want to get back to Baron again."

Natoru nodded. "So you can tell him that the engagement is canceled? Not to worry. We'll send a messenger to him for you."

"I don't want you to send a message!"

"Oh, so you want to tell him face to face. That's very honorable of you. No wonder you're so anxious. There is so much happening for you all at once. Trust me, everything will work out."

Louise was seriously losing her patience. "You don't get it. I-"

"You probably want to be alone for awhile." Natoru interrupted. "I'll leave you alone for now."

"No wait!"

"Don't worry. I won't forget to tell his highness that you said you love him. Bye."

"But-" The door closed. Louise sighed. That didn't go exactly as planned. "Great. Now what?"

(-)-(-)-(-)-(-)-(-)-(-)-(-)-(-)-(-)-(-)

"So, how's my future wife doin'?" the Ex-Cat King asked of his faithful servant Natori.

"Natoru says that she is feeling a little nervous." The cat replied.

The Ex-Cat King laughed. "How sweet. She's quite a find though."

Natori nodded. "Indeed, sir. You are very fortunate indeed."

The Ex-Cat King sat back with his paws behind his head. "Yes, yes I am." A knock came at the door and the Ex-Cat King groaned. "What? I'm a little busy here!"