001

Jihyun had been standing rigidly in front of the noticeboard for the past 15 minutes. She knew she was blocking the others but she couldn't care less. No one dares to chase her anyway.

Rage and frustrations were evident on her face as she continued to stare at the exam results printed across the top in bold lettering, specifically at the two names placed for ranks one and two.

Since that scholarship kid attending the school, her position as the first rank student was taken away and she had to deal with 'second-best' since then. All she did every day was study, study and study but it never been enough.  

Her hatred was really truly fair an mediocrity complex since Jaemin did nothing off-base. He did not deceive or bribed their teachers like a few privileged brat that want simple success without attempting.

Jaemin is smart, and may well be the smartest individual that she met since she habitually caught he slept within the middle of the learning but he still overseen to reply all the questions when being asked. All of his accomplishments were absolutely due to his intelligence. But of course, she would or maybe pass on than conceded that. 

"Well look at that. Again and again, the great Na Jaemin is still at the first place." The voice of certain tanned male filling the halls and Jihyun could feel the smugness in it.

"Woah, chill down Jihyun. You look like you want to rip someone's head off." Jihyun turned to glare at Haechan, her jaw was tightly clenched. Renjun and Jeno snickered behind Haechan while her ultimate rival was just watching with a blank face. 

"Maybe you can be the first one then." Jihyun said in a threatening tone.

Jaemin let out a sudden snort at that. He turned around a little bit to hide his face but his smirk was visible. 

Haechan raised his hands in mock surrender, "Geez, calm down. I'm just joking."

"I don't see anyone laughing."

"Ouch." Haechan gripped his chest like he had been shot, "Always so spicy. Hey Jaeminie, say something to your lovely rival." 

"Congrats for getting the second place, I guess." His tone shown no hint of condescending or such as Jaemin extended a hand for handshake, but Jihyun still felt humiliated. Another reason she hated him was because Jaemin was just so damn likable. Everybody liked Jaemin.

He was quiet and cold, but he too so damn skilled and great at everything that everybody continuously had needed to be his friend. Few girls actually made a Na Jaemin fan-club that they once welcomed her to join but got a judgmental look in return. Jihyun truly wished Jaemin was a terrible individual since that would justify her hatred towards him. 

"Keep your morals away from me." She snapped before turning on her heels.

p/s: Please vote and comment❤︎