011

Jaemin was having a conversation with Renjun that morning when out of nowhere, he was shoved against the locker, snarled threat ringing in his ears.

"You really like to piss me off, don't you?" In Jaemin's line of vision now was Do Yun (the school's biggest bully) with his arms pressed against his chest, a guy that kept harassing him lately.

It's not the first time Do Hyun has been bothering him. He's always been verbally bullied by Do Hyun and his goons, but it looks like he's going to get some bruises today. He once reported this to the teacher, but it ended in vain because the teacher only gave the excuse, "It's just a joke between friends, Jaemin." 

He could fight well, Jeno always dragged him to become his boxing partner every weekend but Jaemin didn't really want to resort to violence. Aside from Mark's "Always forgive people and sleep with a clean heart" agenda, Jaemin knew he would end up taking the full blame anyways although all he did was self- defense. It's ironic that even highly regarded institutions like this were unable to escape bullying and nepotism.

"What the fuck are you doing?!" Renjun scolded but unable to move when Do Yun's goons blocked him. The hallway was already filled with other students that decided to sit back and watch.

Despite the stinging pain on his back, his lips raised in a mile-wide smirk, "6 against 1 isn't really unfair, y'know?"

"Shut the fuck off. How many times have I told you to stay away from Seo Jihyun? How shameless you can be? Do you think you have a chance with her? She's just using you for her sake, stupid!"

Jaemin chuckled, "Well, she can use me as much as she wants. I don't mind-", he paused for a second, enjoying Do Yun's face that was twisted in rage before he leaned closer, "at least I get to spend time with her, unlike you."

"Asshole!" A punch landed on his left cheek and Jaemin stumbled backwards. He felt blood at the corner of his mouth. He didn't even have time to balance his movements when another one particularly hard punch sent Jaemin straight onto the floor, where he landed with a loud thud.

"Jaemin!!!" Renjun's scream filled his ears before he was pulled up by his collar. Jaemin's fingers tense, itching to form fists, and he was about to respond when his eyes met with Jihyun's blank stare across Do Yun's shoulder. His eyes widened when Jihyun grabbed the head of the closest asshole and slammed it into the lockers next to her. The poor fellow let a torment cry, effectively drawing in Do Hyun and his other goons' attention.

"Fuck! Who-" Do Yun's words halted when he made eye contact with Jihyun, "Ji-Jihyun."

Two of Do Hyun's goons rushed towards her but before they could get a hold of her, Jihyun kicked at one of the guy's shin. The guy cried out as he held his shin and Jihyun used the opportunity to quickly land another kick at his chest, the impact propelled him backwards, knocking the other one together with him.

"Don't attack her!" Do Hyun's scream made the rest of his goons stay rooted at their places.

"Let go of him," Jihyun ordered. There's something about the steadiness of her voice, something about the barely restrained fury in her words that made a deep shiver coursed its way down Jaemin's spine despite he was not at the receiving end of Jihyun's anger.

Jihyun's eyes flicked to Jaemin, scanning his condition at the moment and noticing the bruises that started to bloom on his skin. Something inside Jihyun filled with rage.

Feeling slightly intimidated, Do Yun let go of Jaemin's collar before pushing his shoulders causing Jaemin to fall again on the white tile. Then he turned and looked Jihyun in the eye properly.