Chapter Four × Wanna Sit On My Face?

A few year ago, my buddies would be all for hitting the club on a Friday night

A few year ago, my buddies would be all for hitting the club on a Friday night. Their only questions would be; which shirt do you think will get me laid? How much hair gel is too much? And later on - which girls should we bring back?

Now, most guys would choose doing suicide drills over going to a club. It's way too crowded, the music's trash, and the ratio of guys to girls is worse than on a dating app.

The only way I'm able to persuade my friends into coming out is by agreeing to be DD and promising to buy the first two rounds.

"So, who's this chick?" Our starting goalie - Quentin Porter, asks from the backseat of my Cadillac Escalate. He's the tallest guy on the team - coming in at 6'6. Rocking a buzz cut and body full of tattoos, he could easily be mistaken as the enforcer of a drug cartel.

His fiancé - Makena, is the complete opposite of him. She's barely over five feet; with long blonde hair, soft pale skin, and an angelic demeanor. She's the only one that can calm him down when he's in a mood - which for a temperamental goalie, is a lot.

He was with Montreal for a long time; and we've gotten to know each other quite well over the years, being in the same division. That, and playing for Team Canada together in the Olympics. 

"She's an intern at the arena." Kayden answers on my behalf - an amused smile dancing on his lips. I haven't told anyone about how well I actually know Rosie. And I sure as hell am not telling Kayden before he meets her – because knowing him, he'd vomit it out within the first five minutes.

"Damn." Quentin whistles. "I'd tread carefully with that one." He says as I switch lanes so that we can get off the highway. Getting involved with someone that works for the team, is like crossing the red line during warm-up; you're just asking for trouble. But I'm willing to risk it for her.

"I wouldn't." Makena chimes in, sitting forward. "I need a girl to hangout with. And between the two of you, you're the only one that would actually be capable of keeping a girlfriend." She says, earning a dramatic gasp from Kayden.

"I could keep a girlfriend." He argues, turning around in his seat to glare at her. "I'm just not interested in having one. I'd rather be getting laid than being forced to watch the Bachelorette." He quips as we reach a stop light.

"I get laid everyday." Quentin interjects, and in the rear-view mirror I see Makena smack his arm. "What? I mean, it is true." He says, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. After whispering something in her ear, he leans down to give her a kiss.

On one hand, I'm jealous of what they have and wish I had the same. On the other hand, I really hope they don't start making babies in my backseat.

The only person who should be getting any action back there, is me. I'm not super into car sex; but this baby has tinted windows, a spacious backseat, and really nice armrests - perfect for grabbing onto.