Chapter Eight × Incestuous Brady Bunch

As the words come out of Rosie's mouth, I feel like I've just been sucker-punched

As the words come out of Rosie's mouth, I feel like I've just been sucker-punched. I mean, I get that she's still a bit salty about how things went down between us - but she was the one that ended it, not me.

"That's not fair." I protest, tugging a hand through my hair. I swear, this girl is gonna make me go prematurely bald at twenty-four. "You're the one that ghosted me."

She narrows her eyes at me. "I didn't ghost you; I blocked you - there's a difference. And I blocked you because you were acting like a fucking caveman." She fires back, earning a look from two drunk girls that are passing by,

"Not wanting my girlfriend to sell nudes on the internet, does not make me a caveman."

She crosses her arms over her chest. "I was not your girlfriend; and I don't know where you ever got that idea." Is she being serious?

"Oh, I don't know - talking every night for hours; having sex (albeit, the virtual kind); saying I love you." I recall, listing each item as a point on my finger. "Talking about moving-in together; talking about getting married; talking about having kids." I look at her, asking if she wants me to continue.

"Still - you never asked me to be your girlfriend." She points out, pressing her lips together in annoyance. She's literally driving me crazy right now. I fucking hate arguing; why're we arguing? I don't wanna argue with her. I wanna drop off the incestuous Brady Bunch; and make up for lost time in my hotel room. Preferably, in bed. Preferably, all night long.

"Do you wanna be my girlfriend?" I half-joke, taking a step towards her.

She doesn't even consider it. "No." She answers, beginning to walk away; and in the direction of the rest of the group - who no doubt is now waiting for us.

Grabbing her waist, I spin her back towards me. "You don't get to just leave anytime you don't like how a conversation is going." I tell her, keeping my grip firmly on her waist. She may act like she's the one in control, but we both know who has the real power.

"And you don't get to show up after two years, look at me with those puppy dog eyes, and expect things to be exactly the same." She retorts, crossing her arms over her chest. "I've changed; things are different, now."

I make a pointed look at her bare left hand. "They don't seem that different." Between the lack of sentimental jewelry; disinterest in checking her phone; and making out with me, I'd say it's pretty obvious she's not seeing anyone.

Plus, if I were her boyfriend and she told me some random hockey player had invited her to a club, there's no way I'd be letting her go alone. No, my ass would be tagging along; being all over her; and making sure he knew exactly whose girl she was.

"They are." She insists, rolling her eyes at my statement. "I work for the team; and with the new owner, I might just have a shot at getting a full-time job, after graduation. I've worked my butt off, building my reputation; and if we started seeing each other, all people would see me as, is a puck bunny."