Chapter 2

As I go inside the bathroom to take a shower, the warm water really takes my stress away. I have to leave at 8 AM, so I have to get ready fast.

I get out of the bathroom and open my closet. I take my black t-shirt and blue jeans. This is my favorite dress, as I don't like to wear anything fancy. So I put those on and make a ponytail. I put some face powder under my eye area to hide my dark circles. Then I take my bag and go downstairs.

I see, my mother is serving breakfast. I love eating Luchi-Alurdom in a special day, so here's something happening today which I love.

And as my mother looks at me, she widens her eyes.

"What are you wearing? Are you going to go to college wearing these?" She snapped. I felt surprised as I don't get terrifies so easily these days.

"Yes. I am comfortable in these," I replied calmly and confidently. Honestly, I don't want to change.

"Go wear something polite, Indian! You are going to a college full of wealthy people. First impression matters. Go wear a Kurti!" She nearly shouts.

"Ma! Let her go comfortably. It's her first day." My brother tries to confront my mother. He knows how much uncomfortable I am in Kurti.

"She is going to represent our family, Subho. She needs to wear something polite. She shouldn't look like a normal girl, from a normal family." My father stopped him.

I didn't say much. I just went upstairs and changed in a yellow kurti. To be honest, I look good, but I am not comfortable in these. I add a Bindi with the look. Then I go downstairs and both my parents gave me a satisfied look except my brother. He looks disgusted. And I really don't feel anything. I am used to being a robot in front of my parents. Hopefully, I'll make some friends in college to have fun. I'll try my best.

~

After we finished breakfast, me and Dada hopped on the back seat of the car and my parents on the front seats. I mostly appreciated my Dada being there for me. He knows how much this means to me. The drive was mostly silent, except the part when my parents were advising me about how to behave, not that I am going to listen.

After nearly half an hour, I can see my college from a distance. I've been here before but I've never felt this much excited about studying. As I hop out the car, Dada takes my hand and takes me in a distance from my parents.

"Listen to me." He ordered.

"This is the best part of life. So without worrying about Ma-Baba, you'll have fun, make friends, do anything you want and make a boyfriend if you can. Understood? Enjoy your college life." He cheered me with a smile on his face.

"Yeah! Will do, Boss!" I tease him as he like he's ordering.

Then my parents arrive and eyes us to follow them. Sometimes it feels like, they're the dictators of the kingdom and we're the slaves. As we enter through the gates, I see the BIG campus. It takes 2 to 3 minutes to arrive in front of the college building. As I enter the building I find the room I am supposed to be in. My family walked with me until I was inside the room.

"All the best, Mishti. Have a great day." My mother cheers me, in a low voice.

"Behave yourself. Be good." My father gives me an advice, which sounded more like e threat.

I smile at them, uttering a low "Thank you." Then they leave, giving me and my brother some space.

"Have fun, Monkey!" He pats my head. I smile at him. He is four years older than but still is like just a friend to me, as I don't have much of them, because my parents don't like me talking to people who doesn't look or talk like they are good influence on me or from a good family.