Chapter 5

I take time to fit in new places. There are gonna be new people. I decide I will just go see Rohan.

As my brother knock the door, a woman with elegant look in her face, who probably is in her mid forties, opens the door. She talks to us with a smile on her face. Dada introduce me to her, she is Rohan's mother. She told us to go upstairs. The party is happening in Utkarsh bhaiya's room, Rohan is in the other room, resting. It's a really big house, much bigger than ours. Dada goes inside the party room and I knock Rohan's room.

As he opens the door and peeks, his face is full of surprise and shock.

"What are you doing here?" He half laughs and half screams.

"Aren't you happy to see me?" I ask, pretending to be offended.

"Of course I am! Come in." He tells with full of excitement in his voice.

His room is beautiful and he takes care of it unlike me.

"How are you feeling?" I sit on the bed, asking him.

"I am feeling much better now." He says, sitting on the other side of the bed.

"Did you come here to see me?" His face is full of confusion as he asks me.

"Yeah." I reply, shyly. It's not the main reason but he is my best friend. It's been 3 days since I saw him so I was missing him.

"Aww, Shrut." And he gives me a pat on my shoulder.

"So you're gonna come to college tomorrow?" I ask, hesitatntly.

"Yeah. I miss you guys. It's boring in here." He admits.

Then there's a deep silence in the room. I am playing with my hands and I know it's because I'm anxious.

"What is it?" Rohan asks, understanding that I want to tell something.

I take a pause and then say, "Actually, I have to talk to you about something. Today at lunch, Aaradhya showed up and said somethings to me. I want to talk to you about it."

And I see his face filling with rage as he hears Aaradhya's name. "What did she say?" He demands and I see him clenching his jaw. Gosh, he's angry.

Then I explain everything to him, and didn't miss any single detail. But I left the part where she threatened him.

"I don't know who said all those things. I didn't say everyone." I see confusion fill his face.

"Do you want to say something more?" I ask, because I can see he wants to say something.

"Okay! On the second day, when you were in library, I was talking to some boys and saw Aaradhya across the room, flirting with a guy. I felt jealous and they started talking shit about her so I joined. I think they spread those rumors." And he sighs like a weight is off him.

I feel sadness for her and disappointment for Rohan fill inside me. Rohan is looking at me like he wants me to forgive him but I look away.

He takes me wrists, "Hey! I'm sorry. I didn't know this would happen."

"What do you mean you didn't know?" I snap. "Those weird boys you talk to spread all these about her. She is being judged even for being herself. Today she looked so pale and sad but I believed you so much that I thought it's an act. You ruined her college life Rohan. You have to tell everyone that you lied, otherwise, we're done!" I half shout. And his face is full of surprise.

"What?" I ask.

"Nothing. I didn't know you can be this much angry." He says, regret in his voice.