Chapter 8: Love is a War

"Hmm? Ana? What? Coming? Here?" Gary choked. At this time, Gary had been staying with (Name) for about a month.

May and Drew had indeed gotten back together, they had indeed bought a house together, and they had indeed adopted Kaila. And indeed, Kaila was their child. (Name) and Gary hadn't heard a word from them since they bought a house in Hearthrome so May could continue teaching. Drew was called to judge at the Hearthrome Contest Hall and another judge took his place back in Kanto.

Now, one peaceful Saturday evening, Gary had received a call from his blonde fiancee.

"Yes, Gary, I want to see my Gare-Bear again!" Ana squealed from the other end of the line. "Plus, I finally get to meet who you're staying with and make sure that she's treating you right!"

"She's treating me just fine," Gary replied with a hint of annoyance in his tone. "And why can't you just get a hotel room? I'm sure it'll be inconvenient for her." Ana picked up on that, and Gary could practically imagine her pout when she said,

"Aren't you happy that you get see me soon?"

"Of course I am but-" Gary faltered and Ana took that opportunity to cut in.

"Alright, Gare! See you in a week!"

"And don't call me Gare. That's an annoying nickname," Gary complained. But Ana was already gone. And Gary was having the most serious sense of deja vu.

"The Pokemon ready to go on stage, Gare?"

"Yeah. And don't call me Gare. That's an annoying nickname." The voices of the two people swirled around in his head, and Gary felt as if he was losing his mind. The second voice was definitely his, so who was the first person?

Gary shook the thought out of his head as he exited his guest room and went downstairs to tell (Name) about Ana.

"Umm... (Name)?" he called to the (h/c)-haired beauty, who was focusing intensely on something in her sketch book. She jumped.

"Ah- oh Gary, hi, what is it?" she exclaimed, flustered.

"Uhm... I have something to say..." he sighed. "I know this is probably very inconvenient, but my fiancee is coming over in a week and she needs a place to stay and-" Gary nervously met (Name)'s eyes. "Can she stay here?"

"I..." (Name)'s eyes were wide in shock. "...Alright." She didn't know what made her say that, she just did, the word tumbled from her mouth before she could think, and she wished that she could take it back. But it was too late.

Great. She's coming here now. Just to torture me.

"Alright! Thanks (Name)!" Gary flashed her a smile.

Well, things can't get any worse than this I suppose.

"Oh yeah, I've been meaning to ask you, would you like to attend our wedding?"

Nevermind.

~~~

??? P.O.V.

Someone's following me... I know it. And I'm determined to find out who. It's a Dark-type. I'm sure of it. The only way to find out how is to change into my human form and investigate. Then everything will be less suspicious.

I duck behind a building and quickly transform into my human form. My long blue hair blew in the wind as I let out a sigh of relief.

I walked out from behind the building and slowly began walking up the street, making sure I would miss nothing suspicious. Suddenly, I collided into a tall, muscular figure.