♡︎Friends?♥︎

I was quite surprised when Wilbur had joined the stream. He talked to me through chat and eventually asked if I wanted to call.
Wanna call on discord??
"Sure thing! Give me a sec and I'll give you my discord on insta so you can friend me." I responded.
I picked up my phone happily and sent him my discord name and tag. Not much time passed before he friended me and we were on call together. As soon as he picked up he greeted me politely.
"Hello, T/N(twitch name)." His spoke softly, the smile audible in his voice
I felt a small heat flush across my cheeks as he spoke, "Hello, Wilbur!" I said smiling widely.
I adjusted my headphones and went back to playing, still listening and speaking to Wilbur. We exchanged laughs and questions with each other.
"Favorite animal?" I asked.
"Cats, all the way!" He responded happily, "And you?"
"I'm a F/A kind of person." I smiled "favorite color?"
"Pink, if I'm being completely honest!" (Please don't quote me on that I googled it- ;-;)
I smiled "Nothing wrong with that! Mines F/C"
I ruffled my h/l, h/c hair, careful not to move it out of my face. I looked at the time, not realizing how late it had gotten. Talking to Wilbur made time feel like it didn't even exist. I look to my camera quickly.
"I think I'm gonna end stream here! It's pretty late here!" I said, smiling awkwardly.
Chat said their goodbyes and I ended the stream. I picked up my phone and smiled softly.
"I'm gonna try and sleep now, Wilbur. Let me know if you wanna stream again sometime soon!"
"Alright, I had fun talking with you tonight, T/N!"
"I had fun talking to you too!"
"Good night."
"Good night, Wilbur." I spoke before hanging up.l
I went and to take a shower, grabbing one of my hoodies and a pair of shorts to put on. I walked into the bathroom and set the clothes on the sink, closing the door behind me. I opened the shower curtain and turned the water on. After getting undressed, I step into the shower, the warm water hitting my back, causing me to sigh softly.
I thought about the call and smiled softly. Remembering the questions we asked and jokes we exchanged. He was so kind to me. It was nice.
I step out of the shower and dry off before getting dressed. I grabbed the brush out of the drawer and brushed through my h/c hair. I set it down and stare at myself in the mirror. My e/c eyes were slightly red from getting soap in my eyes, my h/l hair was wet, and my s/c skin was dry looking, despite having just got out of the shower. It seemed so wrong to me. No one had ever seen the real me. It was always my online persona. I tried to hide anything else.
That's what when it really hit me. Would Wilbur still want to hang out with the real me? I sighed, shaking off the hurtful question, and walked out of the bathroom that led to my bedroom.
I climbed into my bed, setting my phone next to my pillow so that I would hear the alarm go off for the next morning. I closed my eyes, trying to fall asleep. To no prevail, about an hour or two late I gave up and grabbed my phone.
I checked to see if anyone was online on discord. A few of my friends were online. But, not before long I received a notification from Wilbur.

OɢWɪʟʙᴜʀSᴏᴏᴛ
Can't sleep?

D/ (ᴅɪsᴄᴏʀᴅ ᴜsᴇʀɴᴀᴍᴇ)
Nᴏᴘᴇ

OɢWɪʟʙᴜʀSᴏᴏᴛ
Gᴏᴏᴅ! ᴡᴇʟʟ ɴᴏᴛ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sʟᴇᴇᴘ ʙᴜᴛ ɪ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ǫᴜᴇsᴛɪᴏɴ.

D/
ʟᴏʟ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ
Gᴏ ᴀʜᴇᴀᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀsᴋ!

I laughed softly and waited for his response, it was only a minute but it seemed to take forever.

OɢWɪʟʙᴜʀSᴏᴏᴛ
Wᴀɴɴᴀ ᴅᴏ ᴀ sᴛʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ?

D/
Oғ ᴄᴏᴜʀsᴇ!

I felt a smile creep onto my lips as we planned when we were going to stream together and what we were gonna do. He was so nice to me, and for once it didn't seem fake. Was this a friendship?

716 words