☾︎ 𝙵𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝙼𝚎𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 ☽︎

(please note I have never actually been on a plane so do not know how one works!)

"..ir... Sir...? Sir!!"

I shot awake, jolting up in my seat. The flight attendant was Infront of me, smiling softly.

"You've arrived at your destination, sir!" The young woman spoke softly and happily

I yawned quietly, "thank you, ma'am.."

I stood up, grabbing my carry-on bag and running my eyes. I walked towards the exit of the plane and got off, beginning my walk to the inside building. I groggily walked into the airport building and walk to the desk, filling out the papers needed and getting my passport stamped.

"Thank you, sir.. have a good day..!" I spoke quietly.

"You too!" The older gentleman smiled at me and waved as I began to walk away.

I walked over to the baggage carousel and waited for my bags to pull around. I sighed and crossed my arms as I waited, and waited.. and waited...

"Y/N!!" I heard a familiar voice.

I quickly turned around to, as I thought, see Wilbur running over to me. I smiled widely and uncrossed my arms, waving my hands in the air.
He was wearing a white turtle neck and a dark brown trench coat with ripped jeans and a pair of black converse. His orange beanie lay right over his fluffy, brown hair.

"Wilbur!" I chuckled softly.

Wilbur grinned widely and, to my surprise, hugged me as soon as he approached me. I felt my cheeks heat up a little and hugged back. He pulled out of the hug, smiling brightly, his face slightly red.
Wilbur always had a stupidly handsome smile. You could always tell when he was faking it because of this. I know it doesn't make a lot of sense, but you always could. There was just something about his true smile that made me feel so...
What am I thinking?
I could feel my face heat up more than it already was. My cheeks were probably a burning red at this point
I really am a simp, aren't I?

"Y/n..? You good bud?" Wilbur spoke softly, as to not alarm me after zoning out like I did.

"Yeah!" I rubbed the back of my neck," can you help me find my bags? They're covered in all kinds of stickers.. shouldn't be hard to miss."

"Of course!" Wilbur walked closer to the carousel and waited, watching patiently.

I, on the other hand, stood there very impatiently. I huffed out stressed air, causing my cheeks to puff as I did so. Wilbur looked over at me and started laughing.

"Impatient much?" He managed to get out through chuckles.

"Oh, shut it. I'm tired.."

He gently patted my head and smiled, "it's fine, I understand."

I yawned again quietly, rubbing my eyes. Wilbur pointed out two suitcases with stickers on them and looked at me.

"Those it?" He asked, cocking an eyebrow at me.

I nodded in response.
We both grabbed a suitcase, Wilbur offered to take the slightly larger one after I refused to let him take both. They walked out to his car and he told me to get in the car while he put the suitcases away in the trunk.
I opened the front passenger seat. With it being late into the night, I was planning on falling back asleep. A small smile crept onto my face when I saw that Wilbur had grabbed a pillow and blanket for me.
Man, he really does care...
I got in the car, shut the door, and put the pillow against the window, buckling up and leaning against it. I covered myself with the blanket and closed my eyes.
I heard the door open and shut quietly. I lifted my head and looked to Wilbur, who quickly started the car. He looked at me with a small smile.

"The drive to my house is about an hour and a half. So how ahead and sleep." He ruffled my hair. "If you wake up we can talk. Only if want of course."

"Okay.. goodnight, Wilbur..." my words slurred with tiredness, barely understand.

Wilbur chuckled, "goodnight."

I slowly drifted off to sleep, ending up staying that way for most of the drive. Except for a couple of times where I woke up and Wilbur and I talked quietly for a little bit before I drifted back off to sleep mid-conversation.

•••

I woke up, barely even half awake, in someone's arms. Not thinking, I buried my face into the warm, brown coat in front of me, quickly falling back asleep.

~~
766 words
~~

I'm gonna be switching up my writing style a bit! As well as making the chapters of this book longer, closer/longer than 1,000 words. So the updates may be somewhat slower than usual, I am writing another chapter right now though.