She's Not What She Seems | AU

Another Ninjago AU in which the Ninja are normal kids, living normal lives.

Though Zane is not a robot, he's still that clean, well-mannered and genius guy that all parents and school teachers compare other kids to XD.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

The silver truck cruised through the evening traffic, noticeably standing out among the everyday sedans and SUV's due to the wild black flames lining the sides. It drove through the automated front gates and up the grand driveway which had beautifully trimmed out bushes running parallel to it. The car came to a stop in front of an exquisite hotel, the outer lamps of which had already been switched on for the night.

Above the main double-doors stood the luminescent words that read "The Horizon". Everything about it screamed fancy. It extended nearly ten stories high which proved that the top floor provided the best view of Ninjago City.

"Thanks for dropping me off, guys," Nya said, making sure her hair was perfectly tied up in a high ponytail. The passenger seat was occupied by Kai; Lloyd, Jay and Zane were in the back with Nya while Cole nestled in the driver's seat.

"No probs," Cole said, grinning back at the girl.

Nya unbuckled her seatbelt, seized her purse and pushed open the door of the vehicle. "What are you all gonna do tonight?" she asked, pausing with her legs halfway out.

Kai shrugged. "Since you were leaving for a girls' night, we decide to have a little guys' night out ourselves."

"Oh," Nya smiled, "Sounds cool. Have fun."

"You too," Jay called back, a nervous look on his face. He fussily kept tugging on his jacket sleeve as if to hide something on his hand. Nya had noticed this but had shrugged it off as a fidgety habit of his.

The girl fixed the others with an officious look. "Stay safe; don't do anything stupid, and if something goes wrong, call me immediately. Got it?"

"Got it!"

"Okie-doo!"

"Noted."

"Yes, ma'am!"

"Affirmative."

With these responses received, Nya purposefully stepped off the truck and made her way towards the lobby of the hotel.

Once the boys were sure that Nya was no longer in sight, they all immediately turned towards each other. Jay seemed to be the centre of the attention as all eyes eventually landed on him.

"You ready, bud?" Kai asked, raising an eyebrow at the ginger.

"I- I'm not sure," Jay stuttered, finally letting go of his jacket sleeve.

Cole sighed, fingers tapping on the wheel. "Come on, Jay. You don't expect this to be real, do you?"

"I don't," the boy suddenly replied, "but after all I've read on the Internet, I have doubts about this ritual being fake."

"Okay," Lloyd spoke up. "I'll admit, the Internet can even make cooking seem like the end of the world but this is just a silly game made by a bunch of teenagers like us. What's so legit about that?"