Gumballs And Lollipops | Show

Inspired by a headcanon of mine that I posted in an announcement.

Get ready for a large dose of fluff! If you die from cuteness overload, don't blame me!

Enjoy!

And have some candy! 🍭

🍬♦🍬♦🍬

Garmadon grunted as he turned this way and that, trying to find a comfortable position to sleep in. The entire bed rocked and creaked loudly with his sudden movements. It was a miracle that Misako still slept soundly next to him despite the noise.

He threw off the thin bed cover, getting irritated with the way his legs kept tangling themselves in it. He half wanted to push his wife off the bed in order to spread his limbs and occupy the entire furniture. Of course he couldn't do that. She may not look like it but Misako could turn very scary very fast. The brunet stuffed his face into his pillow to muffle his frustrated groans.

For some reason, having his face mushed between the soft confines of the pillow gave him a sort of relaxation and peace that he soon found himself getting drowsy and finally succumbing to the arms of sleep that slowly enveloped him. His eyelids drooped lower and lower and his consciousness gradually slipped away.

He didn't notice the door to his room quietly being pushed open. A small figure poked its head from around the door, inspecting the two sleeping adults. His blonde hair were messy and long bangs fell into his eyes. The four-year old wore a lime green one-piece pyjama suit with a cartoon dragon pattern printed on it.

The boy craned his neck to make sure his mother was sound asleep before stealthily creeping over to his father. He smiled as he quickly scrambled up onto the bed and got on Garmadon's back, the latter too deep in slumber to notice.

The boy held his breath as his mother shifted slightly but he relaxed as she settled back down. He waited for a few seconds, just to be safe, before leaning over till his mouth hovered above his father's left ear.

"Daddy?" he whispered, his breath tickling Garmadon's ear lobe. His father didn't respond so he tried again, louder this time. "Daddy?"

The boy patted Garmadon's back rather aggressively, wanting to get him up before his mother found out. "Wake up, Daddy!" he exclaimed in a whispered shout. He grinned and drew back as Garmadon's head shot up.

The boy got off from his back and sat next to him as the brunet dragged a hand over his face groggily. "Lloyd," he mumbled, turning on his side facing Misako, "go back to sleep."

Lloyd pouted and resumed his perch on top of Garmadon. "No!"

"Why not?"

Lloyd sighed wistfully, lightly tugging at his father's brown locks. "Because I can't sleep and I want you to play with me." He buried his head into the crook of his father's neck, waiting for him to reply. He did not get what he desired, though.

"But I want to sleep," Garmadon mumbled, closing his eyes once more. Lloyd groaned, pulling his father's cheek. "No, you don't."

"Yes, I do."

"No!"

"Yes."