1: 03

WORLD EXPOSITION OF TOMORROW

"I don't see what the problem is," Bucky said. "You're about to be the last eligible man in New York. You know, there's three and a half million women here."

"Well, I'd settle for just one," Steve replied.

"Good thing I took care of that."

Bucky waved to the dates, Connie and Bonnie, he'd lined up.

"Hey, Bucky!" Connie greeted.

"What did you tell her about me?" Steve asked.

"Only the good stuff," Bucky replied, glancing to the redhead who was looking around almost spastically. "Flora, you all right?"

Flora nodded. "I'm all right. This is amazing!"

"It is the future after all."

Music played and the expo announcer said, "Welcome to the Modern Marvels Pavilion and the World of Tomorrow. A greater world. A better world."

"Oh, my God!" Connie cried. "It's starting!"

Flora clapped her hands and let out a tiny squeal. "Oh, this will be so exciting!"

"Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Howard Stark!" Mandy introduced.

Howard entered the stage and kissed the announcer.

A woman yelled, "I love you, Howard!"

Howard addressed the audience at the World Exposition fair. "Ladies and gentlemen, what if I told you that in just a few short years, your automobile won't even have to touch the ground at all." The female assistants took the wheels off the car on stage. "Yes. Thanks, Mandy." He addressed the audience again. "With Stark robotic reversion technology, you'll be able to do just that."

Howard turned on the switch of his machine and the car started to hover off the ground.

"Holy cow," Bucky muttered.

Flora gasped softly and whispered, "Oh my-"

The robots making the car hover suddenly malfunctioned and the car fell back on stage.

"I did say a few years, didn't I?" Howard said, causing everyone to laugh.

Steve disappeared, and Bucky and Flora noticed.

"Hey, Steve, what do you say we treat these girls..." Bucky began.

"He left," Flora said. "Come on. Let's find him."

Bucky nodded. "I think I have an idea of where he might have gone."

"Me too."

RECRUITMENT CENTER

A woman said to her male company, pulling him away from a mirror making him look like a soldier, "Come on, soldier."

Steve stepped in front of the mirror but was too short to fill out the face.

"Come on," Bucky said. "You're kind of missing the point of a double date. We're taking the girls dancing."

"You two go ahead," Steve told him. "I'll catch up with you both."

"You're really gonna do this again?"

"Well, it's a fair. I'm gonna try my luck."

"As who? Steve from Ohio? They'll catch you. Or worse, they'll actually take you."

"Look, I know you don't think I can do this."

Flora frowned. "This isn't a back alley, Steve. It's war!"