1: 08

[I'm sorry... Sort of.

Before we get started (y'all finish this, I'll love you... My favorite Marvel movie), would y'all prefer this to just be updated on just Saturdays, like before, or shall I keep the Monday afternoon/Saturday morning updates?]

Captain America and his Howling Commandos fought HYDRA.

While watching a movie of Captain America and his Howling Commandos, Bucky and Flora appeared on screen next to Steve. Bucky glanced at Flora with a soft smile and she offered the same soft smile back.

Peggy noticed a picture of herself in Steve's compass. Colonel Phillips glanced at her and she looked away.

---

Bucky, Flora and Steve were on a snow-covered mountain while the Howling Commandos prepared to zipline onto the train.

"Remember when I made you two ride the Cyclone at Coney Island?" Bucky asked.

"Yeah, and I threw up?" Steve replied.

"And I nearly screamed my head off?" Flora said.

"This is payback, isn't it?" Bucky stated.

"Now why would I do that?" Steve answered in a smug tone.

Flora laughed softly. "I remember that like it was yesterday."

Bucky chuckled and turned to Flora. "Flor, I have to tell you something. But I don't want you to say it back if you're not ready."

Flora tilted her head and met his eyes. "What is it, Bucky?"

"I love you, Flora."

Flora pressed a hand to his cheek and he leaned into her touch as she said, "I can't, Buck. Not because I don't, but because I'm afraid."

Bucky turned so she was facing him and cupped her face in his hands, resting his forehead against hers. "You don't have to be afraid, Flor. I know you feel the same, and I know you'll say it back when you're ready for that vulnerability. Uh, not that that's a bad thing."

Flora unclasped her necklace and handed it to Bucky. "I want you to have this."

Bucky stared at the necklace in his hand. "Why? Flor, this is your most prized possession."

"I can't explain it, but I think you need it more than I do."

Bucky nodded slowly as he pocketed the necklace. "Okay. I don't understand, but I trust you."

"And I you. Keep it safe for me, Barnes."

"Always, doll." He took off his dog tags. "Take these, then. And I'll take yours."

"Buck, what if-"

"Please, Flora."

Flora looked into his eyes, seeing the terror. This mission was dangerous and he was clearly scared of what could happen. She nodded and slipped off her dog tags. "Okay."

Bucky took off his and placed them around Flora's neck before putting hers around his. "Be careful, doll."

"You too, Barnes."

Flora turned to Steve and said quietly, "Should anything happen to me, give this to Bucky." She handed him a letter.

Steve frowned. "Flor, you're not gonna die."

"Please. Promise me."

He met her eyes and nodded slowly. "Okay." He pocketed the letter.

"We were right," Gabe Jones said. "Dr. Zola's on the train. HYDRA dispatcher gave him permission to open up the throttle. Wherever he's going, they must need him bad."