2: 01

Sam Wilson was jogging around Washington, D.C. when Steve and Bucky quickly caught up to him, passing him.

"On your left," Steve and Bucky said.

As Sam continued to jog, Steve and Bucky came around again after another lap and said, "On your left."

"Uh-huh, on my left," Sam replied. "Got it."

As Sam was still jogging, Steve came around from behind again.

"Don't say it! Don't you say it!" Sam told him.

"On your left!" Steve said as Bucky smirked.

"Come on!"

Sam got angry and tried to catch up to the super-soldiers, but after a few seconds, he was unable to carry on and stopped to rest.

As Sam rested, catching his breath against a tree, Steve and Bucky walked over to him.

"Need a medic?" Steve asked.

Sam laughed. "I need a new set of lungs. Dude, you two just ran like 13 miles in 30 minutes."

"I guess we got a late start."

He hesitated a moment before taking sarcastically, "Oh, really? You should be ashamed of yourself. You should take another lap. Did you just take it? I assumed you just took it."

"What unit you with?" Bucky questioned.

"58, Pararescue. But now I'm working down at the VA." He lifted a hand to shake. "Sam Wilson."

Steve gave Sam a hand to shake, pulling him up. "Steve Rogers." He pointed to Bucky who once again had a sullen look. "That's Bucky Barnes."

"Yeah, I kind of put that together," Sam said. "Must have freaked you two out, coming home after the whole defrosting thing."

"It takes some getting used to. It's good to see you, Sam."

As Steve and Bucky turned to leave, Sam said, "It's your beds, right?"

"What's that?" Steve and Bucky asked.

"Your bed, it's too soft. When I was over there, I'd sleep on the ground and use rock for pillows, like a caveman. Now I'm home, lying in my bed, and it's like..."

"Lying on a marshmallow," Steve finished. "Feel like I'm gonna sink right to the floor."

"I sleep in a a sleeping bag," Bucky said.

Sam smiled and nodded, glancing at Bucky with an understanding look before Steve asked, "How long?"

"Two tours," Sam replied.

After an awkward silence, Sam asked, "You two must miss the good old days, huh?"

Bucky shrugged. "They weren't so bad." Flora, after all, had been there and she'd made everything better.

"Well, things aren't so bad," Steve said. "Food's a lot better, we used to boil everything. No polio is good. Internet, so helpful. He and I've been reading that a lot trying to catch up."

Sam looked up to think and raised a finger. "Marvin Gaye, 1972, Trouble Man soundtrack. Everything you've both missed in one album."

"I'll put it on the list."

Steve pulled out his small notebook and pen and wrote it on the list which included - 'I Love Lucy (Television); Moon Landing; Berlin Wall (Up + Down); Steve Jobs (Apple); Disco; Thai Food; Star Wars/Trek (with Star Wars crossed out); Nirvana (Band); Rocky (Rocky II?)'.

Steve got a text. 'Mission alert. Extraction imminent. Meet at the curb. :)'

"All right, Sam, duty calls," Steve said. "Thanks for the run. If that's what you wanna call running."

The three shook hands and Sam asked, "Oh, that's how it is?"

"Oh, that's how it is."

He laughed. "Okay. Any time you wanna stop by the VA, make me look awesome in front of the girl at the front desk, just let me know."

"I'll keep it in mind."

"Okay."

Natasha pulled up in her car by the curb and rolled down the window and said, "Hey, fellas. Either one of you know where the Smithsonian is? I'm here to pick up a couple fossils."

"That's hilarious," Steve and Bucky retorted.

Steve walked over to Natasha's car and got in. He looked at Bucky and asked, "You coming?"

Bucky shook his head. "Nah, these missions are your thing. I'll be at HQ. Don't get yourself killed, Rogers. Same goes for you, Romanoff. Steve, I hear you do something recklessly stupid, I'm gonna kick your ass."

Steve nodded. "Noted."

Sam gave Natasha and her car an appreciative look before asking, "How you doing?"

"Hey," Natasha greeted.

"Can't run everywhere," Steve said.

"No, you can't," Sam replied, watching as Natasha quickly pulled away and drove off.