3- The Distant Laughter...

====

Zi's Extra Notes:

{ After more than a week later, here's the newest chapter that I promised you guys that I would post. Everything seems hectic but writing this story has always put everything into perspective.
I have also added POV into the story so that you guys can easily navigate the story.
Anyway, enjoy!!}

{ P.S. I think the song from the header, truly captures this week's chapter feeling. }

Warnings: Usage of smoking, mostly fluff

Word Counts: 4.2k++

====

{ D E R E K'S  P O V }

A COUPLE OF DAYS LATER, AT THE MAC'S GROCERY STORE

A classic orchestra music is playing quietly from the speakers. Most people who usually shop at Mac's have been accustomed to the bizarre music choice that the owner plays in the background; while they shop for their groceries. 

I push the half-fill cart along the cereal aisle. My eyes travel from the top shelf to the bottom shelf. Eyes spinning crazily with all the different types of cereals that are on display. I place both of my arms on my waist, still deciding on which kind of cereal I will find myself not puke after.

The music playing from the speakers' changes, from the slow tempo into a more upbeat one. And at that moment, my mind to piece itself as my eyes land upon onto cereal box.  Without thinking any further, I grab the first box that's in front of me. The Bee Flakes, sounds safe enough to eat.

After dumping the cereals into the cart, I push the cart and head my way over the counter.  So far, there is only a guy getting his stuff check. I push the cart closer to the counter and get a look at the guy. He is wearing a grey hoodie with his ears being covered with big headphones. 

As soon as he paid for his groceries, he grabs the plastic bag and exits the store. And that's when I push my cart closer to the counter. "Afternoon, Mac." 

"Afternoon, Derek." Mac greets back. "What do we have here today?" He says. I begin to place the stuff out of the cart onto the counter. 

"Just the usual stuff. How's business?"  I put the cat's food on the counter before pushing the cart to where all of the carts park.