6- Will You Be Mine...

====

Zi's Extra Notes:

{ Look, there are no excuses for my long absence. But there is one. Old exam had passed and a new one is on the way around a few months from now on. So, writing has been on the backburner for months but my love for this coffee & fix series made me want to write again. I might be slow like before but I'll do better this time around. So enjoy, the sixth chapter of this still ongoing series. }

Warnings: A bit of angsty but also fluff all around the story

Word Count: 4.3k++ 

====

THE NEXT DAY, AT THE SHAKE AND FRIES OFF DINER

( ENZO'S POV )

This feels out of place especially when someone has something important to tell you. To put it plainly, it's damn noisy: the sound of fries frying in the deep air frier as well as the chatter of the workers repeating the customers' order.

We are sitting by the corner booth where there are fewer noisy people. I look from my seat to see Derek fidgeting with his finger. Why is he nervous? And what's this important thing he wants to me about? I fear with every second passing by, my anxiety would get the best of me.

Derek clears his throat before begins. "I'm sorry to text you out of the blue. I just have something that I wanna tell you for a couple of days now."

"Okay, what's up. What do you wanna tell me? Do you have a secret family that no one knows about?"

As I'm about to laugh at my own lame joke - as a way to ease the situation and prep myself - I look over his seat to see his eyes still trained on me. Ouh damn, this conversation is panning out to be more serious than I first thought.

"I uhm-- actually, a while back ago. Like around five years like that, I dated this girl when I was still living back in Brackford."

"Wait, so sorry to cut you off. But you've lived in Brackford before? How was it, living there?"

"It was truly amazing at first. The city itself, as we all know, stunning. You got the great subway which I often take to go and back from the garage. And the number of restaurants and cafes in every corner of the city is just incredible." The way his eyes crinkles tells me all I need to know of how much he loves Backford.

"That was all before I met her. My ex. It wasn't bad at first. She was funny and a very outgoing person. But as we dated long enough, our relationship veer off and took the wrong turn. We often fought with each other and then we grew apart. One day, I found out that she was cheating with her best friend behind my back all this time. And she has been doing it throughout the time we were together." His head moves down to his big hand who has now stopped fidgeting.